Author Topic: Playing without enemies  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Chaine

• Elvis
    • View Profile
Playing without enemies
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:47:26 pm »
Hey, is there any way you can play without enemies? Like a glitch, hack or something?
I'd like to have a sandbox mode, wich is pretty much possible if you leave all enemies except a pod and one unit alone (A mule or something that hides in an empty corner) but then you'd have to defeat all enemies first, and defeating all enemies on a map where you can build and research all units is quite a pain.
Oh yeah, can you install Machines on two computers and play Multiplayer against yourself, only on another computer you own. I happen to have two computers and playing against yourself whould be really sandbox-ish. Since you can play Machines without CD, it should be possible, right?  :wink:

Yeah, if there's any Skirmish bug or a map t hat makes the AI slower/dumber, that whould be cool too. By the time I have Knights the enemy has Leviathans and blows my base from across the map.
I still have my original Machines box, CD-case, CD, manual and shortkey paper.

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Playing without enemies
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 05:00:34 pm »
Yeah, you can play with yourself over a LAN. Just use the multiplayer menu option in the game...

Offline Chaine

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:34:52 pm »
Aaah. I found trainer, I go "I'm Judas" after 5 minutes of playing. Intressting.
Seriously, I'm just gonna use it for Skirmish to test diffrent units, and I'm not bad at RTS games. Just having major problems with most old games, huuh I even gave up on the way-too-linear Alone in the Dark. You had 1 way of killing every enemy, 1 path to walk (Or you got a random axe in your head) and one item to use at one door.

Offline Communist47

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 11:48:23 pm »
Yeah, Machines could've benefitted with a "KEEP PLAYING" button or something, it's dissapointing to see the game end after all your hard work. :p

Offline Chaine

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 05:09:44 pm »
Huh. Well, all games end at the end, obviously.
Anyways, this game has a Skirmish mode. That's probably what kept the fans alive.

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 04:58:04 pm »
There are no skirmish glitches or anything in Machines. I can mod it so that you are the only player in a map, but that would be incredibly boring. I did it, built every Unit and building, just to take pictures of all of them and exit without saving :P

A dumber AI mod? Well, I guess I can make the building be build a bit further from each other.... more travel-time for builders = slower start in production, but personally I think the AI is already dumb enough, when your quick...

Oh yeah, I'm back from 17 days of France :D It was cool (And now i'm sick because of the Foam-Party :'()

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 01:33:14 am »
No No No dumber AI!!!!!!! I need much much smarter AI!

Offline bien4500

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 08:42:36 am »
I also want smarter AI, maybe the AI should do blitzkriegs, hit and runs and etc.
Were it so easy. -The Arbiter, Halo 3.
Now is the time, waste no more time. Though the Heavens fall, if they wish war. We are prepared. We are prepared to conquer, to claim. So begins, the final event. With forces united, prepare for war.