Author Topic: My strategy.  (Read 3082 times)

Offline bien4500

• Elvis
    • View Profile
My strategy.
« on: September 08, 2007, 09:34:41 am »
My strategy is mostly defensive, I usually build defences at base entrances and put some military units in research labs and bunkers. my defence strategy is: Legend: T=Turret, M=Missile Launcher, T M T M
Were it so easy. -The Arbiter, Halo 3.
Now is the time, waste no more time. Though the Heavens fall, if they wish war. We are prepared. We are prepared to conquer, to claim. So begins, the final event. With forces united, prepare for war.

Offline randomperson1

• Wasp
  • randomperson1: Insanity gone mad
    • View Profile
Re: My strategy.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:51:09 am »
Yeah, that way is more fun than just building a big army and killing the enemies, but after a while it gets boring, at least against a computer opponent. I often find that you still need to have men to defend the turrets otherwise you get trashed.

Offline bien4500

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 11:03:06 am »
Yeah, that way is more fun than just building a big army and killing the enemies, but after a while it gets boring, at least against a computer opponent. I often find that you still need to have men to defend the turrets otherwise you get trashed.
I had some fun when I was ambushing enemy units that were marching in my base using the Reapers that were parked inside my labs.
Now is the time, waste no more time. Though the Heavens fall, if they wish war. We are prepared. We are prepared to conquer, to claim. So begins, the final event. With forces united, prepare for war.

Offline bien4500

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:51:31 am »
And on the desert map, choose green and build defences on the left and front side of the plateau on the left side of the Seeding Pod, that will stop most units in their tracks (literally).

Offline Sahensah

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:34:15 am »
i use to atack at same time they atack me so it's getting really weird you have to defend and to atack thats fun :mrgreen:

Offline ProjectX

• Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 07:03:18 am »
My offensive strategy:
A single Templar goes in first (1st person) to wreck havok, weaken defences and destroy as many units as possible (sometimes, I even attack mines and smelters to slow enemy production). This is quikly followed by an army of wraith reapers to netralize any remaining defences. More Templars or goliaths are brought in to quickly finish the job. (if the objective is just the pod, it is targeted by the reapers)

Defensive: Couple turrets around the perimeter, and the wraith reapers waiting around for their time to shine.

Offline randomperson1

• Wasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 07:34:25 pm »
Nice strategies, the AI is really pathetic though, it is a shame, mainly because virtually no-one plays multiplayer games with me. And when they do they beat me... :-(

Offline ProjectX

• Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:40:16 pm »
haha  :-P
I'd play if I had time!  Is there some sort of game schedualling section? the calender?

Offline randomperson1

• Wasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 06:14:42 pm »
Time differences make a game even more difficult, and school etc.

Still, if you have time to play, and can tell me how to connect, I would be willing to do so.

(how do you play over the internet?)

Offline ProjectX

• Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 06:17:13 pm »
Create a virtual LAN !  the game can then see the other computer (real LANs work too...)  Hamachi seems to be the accepted Virtual networking software around here.

download it and join network:  "MachinesOnline"  Pass: "w4w"   I have it runnign right now
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 06:19:07 pm by ProjectX »

Offline dpav

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 09:50:19 pm »
My Strategy=create a wall of stationary machine guns....surround my seeding pod with machine guns.....research,research and research until I have an army of about 30 to 35....then...ATTACK....full out....oh...and I like to do this with 10,000 resources...(it helps  :-P)

Offline geg220

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 09:40:06 am »
When I first played with the Machines demo, my strategy was faulty... really. I couldn't understand a word in the game (it's a miracle I found out how to start).  I needed about a whole summer to realize, what's a technician :oops:. Later on when i bought the full game me and my friends sat down, put 3 comps together to play in lan... those were the days :roll:, but now I only have enough time to study for exams.

But lets stay on topic.

My basic strategy was building my base to a level when I could build some "heavy" units and had a large supply of materials. Till then I defended myself with fast attack units (ex.: Reaper).

First wave consisted of 4 or 5 heavier units, pulls if i already had then a Crusader accompanied them. the second wave was full of reapers and other fast attack units. and the last wave a gorilla (if lucky 2), 2-3 erradicator, a Goliath (or 2), and some medics.

In the base I left a few knights and commaders scatered if a sudden attack came, than i could defend myself.

I hope that this was usefull

Offline gorygoris

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 12:53:58 pm »
i am a heavily defense based player. i dont even bother with building attack units until i deem my defense strong enough. i like to stay with the flying units to allow fast movement between mines and such. once im ready to attack tho, its an all out gorilla fest!

Offline MyKill

• Desolator
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 06:18:54 am »
Good idea

ill try it

Offline oops

• Elvis
    • View Profile