Author Topic: Tell here what is what you like the most from Machines  (Read 4968 times)

Offline schism

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tell here what is what you like the most from Machines
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 08:22:45 pm »
I like 2 bang bang the yellows <3

Offline humodz

• Wraith Reaper
  • I ALREADY SET MY TEXT SO COME KILL ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 10:06:51 pm »
Good story, the RTS + FPS combo was a good idea too

Offline ua7

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »
great story line, but the last lvl is :-P. The computer does do the same.  Love the team up.

Offline X.A.N.A.

• Team Lyoko's Archnemisis!
  • Elvis
  • I, XANA, am back!....from my vacation. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 08:05:40 am »
Team up? What do you mean?

I know that a few times one of the AIs will turn on it's own 'allies' (it's not a free-for-all, it's you vs them! :p ) and completely ignore my own forces ripping apart the other AI's base (that both of us just happen to attack at the same time...).
So, like yeah, they completely ignore me, even if I cross their path will chopping the other side of the base to pieces and we meet in the middle, though sometimes I engage them if they start attacking the Pod, since I want to convert it.

I remember in last night's game, me and the 3 AI's were destroying each other as usual, and after the two main AIs (the ones with the biggest bases at that time) got rid of the 'third wheel' (the third AI who couldn't quite get it together in time), me and Green proceeded to attack Yellow from both sides of its base and even though we met in the middle of the base we didn't engage in combat since Green was busy doing the same thing I was and not attacking Yellow's Pod. I still won since Green wasted all his BMUs beating up Blue and Yellow (I didn't see it attack me much, though Yellow did a lot and Blue was just there not doing anything in particular).

Except the one before that was almost the same except Green decided it'd start destroying Yellow's Pod and I had to double my mission from destroying Yellow, who was in my way of Green's base, from that and *defending* Yellow's Pod from Green. It was pretty awesome that happened during that game, since I had to destroy Yellow before I could get to Green and still had to kind of defend Yellow from Green in a way.
Blue, again, didn't really do anything that game either, it got destroyed by a double attack from Yellow and Green early on (guess it was lagging behind in technology).

So, because of all this, I'd have to say the computer doesn't always do the same thing all the time (their building does, but not the actions involving attacking/defending).
I don't really play the campaign, though.

I hope you found my little story about those two different games interesting though. :)
IRC:
XANAVirus

Hamachi:
XANA-W7COM1 - 5.140.27.198

XANA-W7COM2 - 5.77.211.32

XANA-WVLAPTOP - 5.90.26.8

Neither XANA-W7COM1 or XANA-W7COM2 are always online.

Contact me @ XANA-WVLAPTOP first - please make sure when you do so that the IP is the one listed here, so you can be sure it's me.

Offline humodz

• Wraith Reaper
  • I ALREADY SET MY TEXT SO COME KILL ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 11:21:15 pm »
I like 3 things;
the plot;
the 1st person mode;
the unit designs (not the low-poly models, but their concept), with few exceptions

Offline wildh0rse

• Playing since Fall, 1998!!!!
  • Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 11:37:09 pm »

Far and away, and the greatest innovation, is First Person mode as far as what I like best.

At fist, I did not use it until the last levels, with the judas.  You can use the hotkey for treachery attack in third person  view but its sooooo much more fun in FP.  Then other levels, like REclamation of Talonthia, became more fun with FP.  PS, just beat this level with NO SAVES bwa hahaha. 

Any of you "kids" here remember the gaming landscape in 1998/99? there was the tombraider series, which also had a FP view, but only when your avatar was static.  That's why lara always auto-aimed her guns, a merciful addition by the designers. 

Just look at game like half life, another contemporary... blood, blood and more blood. I think I rememver reading somewhere (was it in the manual?) that Acclaim's designers wanted a hard core battle game without all the blood, hence Machines.  Another great point.

NO CHEATS built in to the game! I was hammered by Behind Enemy Lines for over a month, no kidding.  What a challenge.... another pro.

The "tab" key to select special weapons in first person ROCKS.

The battle effects are indeed spectacular, ground punch, plasma weapons, and that insane sound the Goliath makes when firing  8-)  ... not to mention the Eradicator! When your tooling around in FP and you hear that crazy Vortex weapon go off, you KNOW you're in deep s**t.... superb.

Only one "con" and everyone agrees.  The AI.  It's tough to deal with the hesitant movements of groups of units.  It's like theyre all figuring out how to get to the same empty spot, then realizing it isnt empty (because 10 other units are on thier way to it too) it has to decide where to go.  Forming squads with commanders seems to help, I will test further and report back  :eng101:

I can apeak endlessly of bunnies and squids, yet, I cannot put the letters " L  O  L  " together without a red tag?!

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 12:20:55 am »
I just like the feel of Machines. Other games I would play in the late 90s and early 00s are Populous: The Beginning, Zax, Civilization 3,  Conker's bad fur day for the n64 and others that I can't remember their title...(  :wink:). Machines was a fun game back in the day. I remember going on the gaming zone (microsoft or msn, don't remember) and play others. The sound track was epic too.

First person is pretty useful because you can trick the computer but really doesn't work well on humans [damn lag!]... Hmm, yup.

I kind of didn't like the limitlessness of the skirmish. Special could have really been improved. It only has about three different things on it.

The voices fit the guys too. Some of them like the wasp's are just pretty awesome.

My favorite unit is the Goliath. Just pure awesomeness.

AI is only a challenge because of all the things against you. They already have a founded civilization. They have about 10x more BMU's than you, and its the cheating computer (computers help eachother  :R ).

That's pretty much it.  :bunny:
:bunny: :bunny:

I wouldn't pet the bunnies if I...

Offline wildh0rse

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2011, 12:35:50 pm »
In my recent go-round wiht Behind enemy Lines, I found that my old strategy of builing leviathans was not working.  I instead used Goliaths and SPANKED any invaders.  I found that the high initiative/stand ground tactic works well, just takes them a bit to rotate to fire.  Cheaper than missile launchers and their guns are deadly :)
I can apeak endlessly of bunnies and squids, yet, I cannot put the letters " L  O  L  " together without a red tag?!

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
  • Let us instigate the revolt, down with the system
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2011, 01:22:48 pm »
In my recent go-round wiht Behind enemy Lines, I found that my old strategy of builing leviathans was not working.  I instead used Goliaths and SPANKED any invaders.  I found that the high initiative/stand ground tactic works well, just takes them a bit to rotate to fire.  Cheaper than missile launchers and their guns are deadly :)

Goliaths?...

Cheaper than missile launchers?!

Srsly?  :-o

:squidly: :squidly:
Remember when being a Wrath Reaper was badass? Those were the days. . .

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2011, 12:28:40 am »
Goliaths cost 370 BMus and leviathans cost 400 bmus. 30 bmu difference that could make you a locator, or a scout.

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2011, 05:25:10 am »
Goliaths cost 370 BMus and leviathans cost 400 bmus. 30 bmu difference that could make you a locator, or a scout.

Or a Gorilla!...

Oh, wait...

:squidly: :squidly:

Offline wildh0rse

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 08:03:39 pm »

Actually I did not know the difference was so slim.  Does that make the Leviathan the second most expensive to build, aside from a Pod?

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 01:17:35 am »
No. Is this a serious question...

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 07:55:28 pm »
...you can't...it just....I don't see why.....just.....bunnies, explain to wildhorse that you can't build a pod...
 :bunny:
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:09 pm »
...you can't...it just....I don't see why.....just.....bunnies, explain to wildhorse that you can't build a pod...
 :bunny:

[cute bunny-voice to mark irony]
Target acquired... [/cute]

:squidly: