Author Topic: Tactic for Turret Reapers ;)  (Read 1980 times)

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
Tactic for Turret Reapers ;)
« on: March 03, 2008, 06:45:54 pm »
I thought that they are very unuseful, espieccialy fighting plasma reapers... But I had an idea, how to improve turrets effectivity(?) and here it is :-P

another one:

and here I'll show you, why i put some Reapers over the circle(in the back of it), they just kill morons, which are aiming on the reapers in the circle and get close to Turrets in the back, easy :smilydude:

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
Re: Tactic for Turret Reapers ;)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 03:13:22 pm »
That is certainly a nice thing, but it is quite easy to overwhelm if you are not an AI or you got a mass destruction weapon there(both very unlikely in this early campaign mission, it is 'Establish Military Base', isn't it?).

Another thing is that your Reapers are forced to be in there. You can not use those shortrange units on an open field, they will easily be destroyed. So the only use for that mass of firepower is tricking AI, setting a stationary trap for units.

It is quite effective though, but it is not economical reasonable as it takes too much effort to create it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 12:24:47 pm by keK^x0 »
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline dochnich

• Title under contruction...
  • Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 03:30:16 pm »
I can't see the advantage of this strategy... Why not just putting them reapers in a straight or curved line?

(both very unlikely in this early campaign mission, it is 'Establish Military Base', isn't it?).
I don't think so, take a look at the map ....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:34:59 pm by dochnich »

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 03:40:05 pm »
It's Skirmish map (moon one of 3 types, don't know which :-P)

heh, Turret Reapers don't have any advantages, but this one is the best tactic for them :wink: and it's better than defenders, cause they aren't destroyed so fast and they can kill mass od plasma reapers which are much better in open terrain 8-)

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 03:42:44 pm »
I can't see the advantage of this strategy... Why not just puting them reapers in a straight or curved line?

The Autocannon Wraith Reapers can compense their weakness in weaponrange against their plasma-rifled brother through higher firepower. To take the high weaponrange units their advantage, you have to assemble them in a way that they are not seen from far. This is done here.

Of course it is more reasonable to use the traditional 'Plasma-Reaper-In-A-Row'-strategy, but this one is just an optional strategy, i do not think it is much more worth than an experiment.

(both very unlikely in this early campaign mission, it is 'Establish Military Base', isn't it?).
I don't think so, take a look at the map ....

Oh yeah, i did not notice that, my fault.
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline QWERTYRULEZ

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »
I would rather just construct plasma reapers myself, just more than the enemy, and overwhelm the enemy with numbers, not a hard thing to do considering the fact that you are facing an AI that doesn't have the strengths of a human mind!

Offline killdog

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:40:04 pm »
plasma reapers are very usefull for long range but turret reapers aren't they are just usefull in short ranges just like the normal ground turrets but when they strike they are VERY effective i noticed it well :-P it's better to make an army with the plasma reapers couse they can fire at long range :wink:

gr33tz alex :evil:

Offline killdog

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:45:59 pm »
plasma reapers are very usefull for long range but turret reapers aren't they are just usefull in short ranges just like the normal ground turrets but when they strike they are VERY effective i noticed it well :-P it's better to make an army with the plasma reapers couse they can fire at long range :wink:

gr33tz killdog :evil: