Author Topic: How to COPY Machines Discs  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Gregster

• Grunt
  • Professional Transporter
    • View Profile
How to COPY Machines Discs
« on: March 16, 2008, 02:54:57 pm »
HIya

Maybe this has been covered before on one of the boards, but my search returned alot of similar, but not exact posts.

I have an ORIGINAL Set of Machines Discs, the ORIGINAL Box, and the ORIGINAL Jewel Case.
I wish to make Copies of the Discs.
I've tried several game-copy programs, but when I go to use them, it still asks me to "Insert Disc 2".   :argh:

What program/software do you guys use to make a copy/disc image of the Mahines Discs?   :?

I have a few friends that would love to play. If I could simply copy the original discs, there would be no need for them to chew up bandwidth downloading the large image files from here.

Thanks In Advance for your help!

:clint:
/GreG\
** That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! **

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 06:02:40 pm »
Alcohol 120% always works for me.

Offline Gregster

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 01:50:02 am »

Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong then.   :?   I've tried Alcohol 120% with no success.

ThanX for the reply!

/GreG\

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: How to COPY Machines Discs
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:02:50 am »
Hmmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong then.   :?   I've tried Alcohol 120% with no success.
What exactly is the problem? Does Alcohol refuse to copy, or does Machines refuse to play?

Offline Gregster

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 09:50:06 am »
What exactly is the problem? Does Alcohol refuse to copy, or does Machines refuse to play?

In all cases, whatever program I've used, both discs copy and burn just fine.  I can even install the game with the copied discs. However, once I try to PLAY the game, I get the error message  "Please Insert Disc 2" even though the disc is in the drive.

I was under the assumption there is some sort of copy protection I'm net getting past, or possibly a data error?
I've tried this on three different computers with the same result.

/GreG\

Offline dochnich

• Title under contruction...
  • Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:08:29 am »
Strange.... 4 years ago, i copyed the discs with the most feature-lacking program ever seen ... and it worked just fine. I don't think machines is copy-protected, and even if it is, that shoudn't be a problem for any Cd-burner build in 2002 or later....
You can try to find out, though. Open up google and search for Clony XXL. That is a windows-program checking cds for copyprotection. Simply insert the original disc, start Clony and hit "Run Test" or something like that. When youre finished, post the results. Maybe this really is a copyprotection issue (but i dont think so) and can be solved.

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 05:37:24 pm »
Try mounting the disc image instead of burning it again.

Machines does use a sort of copy protection, but it is easily fooled. Alcohol should be able to provide for it.

Offline scorchedearth

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 10:16:25 am »
Machines uses SecuROM v6.0.. it's mention on Game Copy World.. under the titles "NoCD" library. There is instructions on how to copy it properly.. as well.. on there. I have not tried it as i don't have the unadulterated game images.. nor a retail copy. They DO mention that CD3@ HAS to be imaged.. and burned.. as a mixed-mode CD (as in data + audio.. as in "redbook") in order for the music to copy as well.

Alcohol probably WOULD be the best way to copy it since it actually has some in-code enhancements to get around SecuROM as it's being imaged and burned.. so make sure you tell it that.

Good luck.

I jjst posted MY "sad saga" in the "procuring discs" thread.. where I discussed all the various "fixes" (they didn't work for me but then again.. I don't have originals) as well.

Offline mrhiggens

• custom title?!
  • Wasp
  • MEXICANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 03:57:56 pm »
I just used clone cd to copy my disks and it workd perfectly making exact copies of my orginals

Offline -Aj-

• solar technician
  • Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 06:21:27 am »
alcohol has always worked for me, and i just mount the image.

I need to get around to building myself a hardware cd burner. so you have a reader and a cd burner and have them linked through hardware. Then when you copy the disk it just copies it exactly as it is on the original. Because ive got some games/ programs that i dont like using the original disk incase it gets damaged.
Like for instance, my halo cd. I left it in my drive for afew weeks as that was pretty much all i was playing, then when i tried to eject it wouldnt relinquish my disk! so i had to paper clip the manual eject with a screwdriver assist which finally got it. Turns out what happened was the rubber lining on the spindle that the cd sits on to spin had stuck itself to the cd from being in contact with it for a long period of time, and when i hit the manual eject the spindle has dropped down so the cd can come out but the cd was still stuck to it so it put a nice big fat scratch ring around my disk smack bang half way along it... yeah not to happy. make sure you dont leave cds in for too long because it happened on another pc to me too, so moral is dont store disks in your cd drive :P

Offline megasxlr

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 11:20:11 am »
Yo fellas, something  you guys need to know. This is from a  fellow fan, and I thought u guys should know, the pirate bay download is down, for pirate bay is down. They got hit bad, and it wont be back up I think. So if your going to torrent it, go to somewhere else. I think The game is an abandoned game now, so its leagal to free download the whole thing. i did the same thing for warzone 2100, which is a great game by the way. But i thought you guys should know.

From megas xlr, The robot with a car for a head

Offline Solo Ex

• "ALifeTimeOfDreamingGetsYouNoWhere,OnlyBydoingDoWeGain..."
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 02:33:34 am »
Erm ,so where can I get a copy
I am a player of old games , still own a Pentium 3, 1 GHz
computer and don't think I'll be changing it any time sooner.Please sign the machines sequel petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/machines/

Offline -Aj-

• solar technician
  • Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 10:55:57 am »
from someone whos seeding it?

look in the cd section

Offline Solo Ex

• "ALifeTimeOfDreamingGetsYouNoWhere,OnlyBydoingDoWeGain..."
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 11:02:17 am »
I already did the links aren't working .
I am a player of old games , still own a Pentium 3, 1 GHz
computer and don't think I'll be changing it any time sooner.Please sign the machines sequel petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/machines/

Offline reaper_24

• Knight Templar
  • *static*WHOOOSKA Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 06:15:55 am »
I use DAEMON Tools Lite...works perfect with all games i have made iso copies of...