Poll

Do you like the new Download Section?

Yes indeed, I do.
118 (83.1%)
Nice idea for everyone who appreciates it.
18 (12.7%)
I do not mind file pages like this.
3 (2.1%)
There are too many files missing.
0 (0%)
No, because this thread will reduce the registering rate.
3 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Download Section: Everything you need  (Read 36481 times)

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
Download Section: Everything you need
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:31:20 am »
As a download section is missing on the page itself, I decided to bring all the useful and frequently asked files for Machines together in just one post. This measure is pointed to reduce the confusing rate of new members or guys who desperately look for quick support for their game. If any other file could be interesting for this topic, send me a message and I will add it to this page.

Patches and Utility

File||Description
1.15 Patch (US)||An older patch for Machines. A readme is within the archive. (ZIP achive to extract in your Machines folder, 2.84 MB)
1.15 Patch (German)||An older patch for the German version of Machines. A readme is within the archive. (ZIP achive to extract in your Machines folder, 2.81 MB)
Windows XP Patch (US)||This patch is required to run Machines on Windows 2000, XP or Vista computers. It also includes the Machines 1.15 Patch and works on Windows 9x computers. (Setup application. 2.71 MB)
Windows XP Patch (German)||This patch is required to run the German version of Machines on Windows 2000, XP or Vista computers. It also includes the Machines 1.15 Patch and works on Windows 9x computers. (Setup application, 2.59 MB)
D3DRM.DLL||You will need this file in order to make Machines run on Vista. Unzip into your Machines folder. (ZIP archive, 173 KB)
Machines AntiLag||The Machines Multiplayer Anti Lag Patch(MMALP) is an one-click measure to reduce strange 'lag' effects such as non-fluent movements of units within a multiplayer game. (Registry Entry, 312 bytes)
Machines Trainer||This application can change the value of the red player's BMU by pressing the hotkey F1. Has to be extracted in a ...\Machines\trainer folder. (Application, 8 KB)
Options Menu Patch||Some users of newer graphics cards experience problems opening the options menu of Machines. This file fixes that. (vidcard.cap file to replace your old one, 185 byte)
Hamachi||This utility offers a good solution for playing Machines online with your friends. A forum member user guide can be found here. Click here to see Hamachi downloads in different languages. (Setup application, 1 MB)
MagicDisc||The No-CD solution for Machines. Install it, mount your Machines CD 2 ISO image with it, start Machines. (Setup application, 1.2 MB)

Media

File||Description
Machines OST||The official soundtrack of Machines. A collection of MP3s of the ingame soundtrack. (ZIP archive, contains MP3's, 33.9 MB)
Machines Game Manual||The official game manual in JPG images. Scanned and provided by M123. For a lower-resolution game manual, click here. (ZIP archive, 38.3 MB)
Wallpapers||

For more pictures, check out the homepage gallery. Submit your pictures there, too!
Machines Demo||This is the official demo version of Machines. Does not require any further patches. (Setup application, 33.5 MB)
RAD Game Tools||Utilizing the RAD Game Tools you can watch, convert and edit the Machines cinematics which are in the SMK format. (Setup application, 1.2 MB)

WiredForWar Download Clients

File||Description
WiredForWar Client||Log on with your WiredForWar credentials and have easy access to patches, game mods and other misc stuff! (ZIP Archive to extract in your Machines folder, 1.1 MB)
WiredForWar Client Update||Update to above mentioned file. (7z Archive to be extracted into your Machines folder, 668 kB)
Machines Download System (Beta)||This application, however yet in beta status, allows members of WiredForWar.org to download a ingeniously compressed version of Machines. It completes the whole installation, too. (Application, 2.5 MB)

Game Modifications

File||Description
MMAP||Using the Machines Map Anchor Program, you can easily place all kinds of units on the original Machines maps. Yet in alpha version. More information here. Made by Foley.
||A modified crosshair for the first person view in Machines. Made by Judas. (RAR archive to be extracted in ...\Machines\gui\fstpersn\cursor, 7.6 KB)
||Another modified crosshair. Made by Kekxo. An installation readme is included. (RAR archive to be extracted into ...\Machines\gui\fstpersn\cursor, 170 KB)
||Second modified crosshair by Kekxo. Readme is included. (RAR archive to be extracted into ...\Machines\gui\fstpern\cursor, 8.75 KB)
||Third modified crosshair by Kekxo. Readme is included. (RAR archive to be extracted into ...\Machines\gui\fstpersn\cursor, 12.7 KB)
||New style for your command buttons. Created by Grench. (RAR archive to be extracted in ...\Machines\gui\fstpersn\cursor, 65.3 KB)
Coloured Eyes||New colourful eyes for your machines! By Judas. (Bitmap to be extracted in ...\Machines\models\texture2, 17 KB)
New Menu Style||A new style for the main menus in Machines. Made by Judas. More information here. (ZIP archive to be extracted in ...\Machines\gui\menu, 3.9 MB)
Volcanic Hardcore Mod||This modification extremely reduces building time and lets the AI build huge armies. Quite challenging. Made by X-Lord.More information here. (Metafile to be extracted in your Machines folder, 3.1 MB)
PsychoMod||Replacing the mach1.met file with the original one will improve your Machines abitlities incredibly. Made by Judas. More information here. (Metafile to be extracted in your Machines folder, 3.1 MB)
Behind Enemy Lines Mod||This mod changes the campaign map "Behind the enemy lines" in the Talon Prime chapter to a mission of mayhem. Hundreds of machines are watching over 2 hostages. Get them out! If you have not reached that level yet and still want to try this mod, get this savegame. By kadirr(?). More information here(Bad language). (Metafile to be extracted in your Machines folder, 3.1 MB)
Oasis Mod||Changes the skirmish map 'Oasis' to a 'protect and research'-mission. By X-Lord. More information here. (Metafile to be extracted in your Machines folder, 3.1 MB)
German Machines Voices||For those who want their units to speak in German language. Can be applied on any Machines version. (RAR archive containing WAV's,  37 MB)
Machines Modding Tools||These tools are required to modify the gameplay of Machines. Readme, tutorial and more things are included! (RAR archive, 6.09 MB)
Resource Hacker||Additional tool to edit your Machines code. Further information here. (ZIP archive, 542 KB)

External Machines Disc Downloads

File||Description
Machines CD 1 (US)||Disc required to install Machines. Uploaded temporarily on megaupload.com to save this forum's bandwidth. Drawn from Aquarilli's torrent. (ISO image, 490 MB)
Machines CD 2 (US)||Complete Image of CD2. Contains the music, cinematics and required data to actually start the game. Uploaded temporarily on megaupload.com. Drawn from Aquarilli's torrent. (ISO image, 260 MB)
Machines CD 2 [small]||No cinematics or music is on this CD, but the file 'setupy.bin' allows you to play the game when dics is inserted. When installing, choose 'Minimum install'. (ISO image, 50 KB)
Machines Torrent||Download Machines via a torrent. You need a torrent client like utorrent to open this file. (Torrent data, 27 KB)

If any errors occur when using these links, just send a message to Kekxo, using the personal message service of this forum or look up my contact details in my profile.

Please do not report dead links here!
12th of April, 2009: Every Link and file is working.

PS: All files are property of their respective producers. I do not claim any rights on foreign files.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:37:14 am by Apex- »
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:05:16 pm »
Update on Thursday, 10th of July:
  • Mod section added
  • File size added
  • Poll added
  • "Campaign Complete" savegame added in the post attachments
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 01:38:24 pm by keK^x0 »
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
  • Let us instigate the revolt, down with the system
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
Re: Download Section: Everything you need
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:21:59 am »
A Wraith Reaper with two eyes in one of your wallpapers  :-o

Haha  :smilydude: Great work ^^
Remember when being a Wrath Reaper was badass? Those were the days. . .

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 01:36:32 pm »
If you cannot find a patch for your non-US version of Machines, simply try out the US XP patch instead. Another user had this issue before with his European/UK release of Machines and tried using the US XP patch instead of searching for another specified patch for his version:

I am currently looking for the Europe/UK 1.15 patch, and think it would make a great addition to the download section :)
I do not know whether you really need this patch, as the XP patch already includes the version 1.15 patch. I would suggest you trying out the following:
  • Try the other XP patches first. Maybe they do work...
  • Download Machines via the Machines Download System, and add every file you already have from your copy of Machines that is missing yet to make it complete. It does not need any additional patches then.
I did as you suggested and tried applying the US XP Patch to my UK/Europe game - and it worked :) The audio messages at mission briefings are messed up, but the game seems to work fine still! Thanks :)

I think that any XP patch of any language fits on any Machines release. The only possible consequence I could think of is another language used in your menus. But this still requires some research I will certainly provide in the next time.

Greets, keK
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:05:38 pm by keK^x0 »

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 03:41:48 pm »
http://forums.wiredforwar.org/index.php?topic=1060.0

I needed it and maybe someone will need it too :smilydude:

Offline asdam1

• I'm glad to see you read these. :-)
  • Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:52:07 pm »
Yeah, well did you ever notice on the mission where you have to kidnap the commandants that in the intro video there were wraith reapers as well?
Have you checked out any of my mods?
-If not, it's probably because I haven't uploaded any. :wink:

Offline f

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 09:29:01 pm »
W.T.F. thats my wallpaper!!! nevermind im glad its there.
no

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 12:17:27 pm »
Update on Tuesday, 29th of July:
  • Removed twice posted Machines Demo
  • Added Machines trainer in Patches and Utility
  • Added patch for Options Menu in Patches and Utility
  • Added RAD Game Tools in Media
  • Added Oasis Modification in Game Modifications
  • Added Machines Modding Tools in Game Modifications
  • Added new wallpaper

W.T.F. thats my wallpaper!!! nevermind im glad its there.
I added most wallpapers that have been contributed to this forum, yours was a quite good-quality one, so I added it here.

The two-eyed Reaper is a wallpaper contributed by Metalbeast. In his newer wallpapers he has added a third eye.

Yeah, well did you ever notice on the mission where you have to kidnap the commandants that in the intro video there were wraith reapers as well?
Yes, they have. This shows that you can still track old some files of previous versions of Machines in the current version.

Please do not post further wallpaper comments here. Post your opinions about them in their respective topics. They can all be found in the subforum Screenshots.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:50:33 pm by keK^x0 »

Offline asdam1

• Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 07:52:28 pm »
This topic rocks! keK_x0 has definitely contributed to this forum! You're the best, Kek!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:24:33 pm by asdam1 »

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 10:47:46 am »
Update on Wednesday, 6th of August:
  • Added new wallpaper
  • Added links to other languages of Hamachi in Patches and Utility
  • Replaced old 'Advanced Crosshair' (by Judas) with intended framerate version in Game Modifications
  • Added 'Colourful Eyes' modification (by Judas) in Game Modifications
  • Added 'Psycho Mod' (by Judas) in Game Modifications
  • Added 'Joust Mod' (by Judas) in Game Modifications
  • Added Resource Hacker application in Game Modifications
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:58:19 am by keK^x0 »

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 01:16:40 pm »
Update on Tuesday, 12th of August:
  • Added new wallpaper
  • Added Machines Game Manual in Media
  • Added link to lower resolution Machines Game Manual(8 MB) in Media
  • Deleted 'Joust Mod.' Previous file caused the game to crash. Looking for working versions now

I am proud to say that this page is directing to over 200 MB of Machines-related files now.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:33:25 am by keK^x0 »

Offline mrhiggens

• custom title?!
  • Wasp
  • MEXICANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 08:29:37 pm »
nice job this is very useful  8-)

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 06:08:16 am »
Update on Friday, 22th of August:
  • Uploaded Machines CD1(ISO from Aquarillis' torrent) in Patches and Utility. Uploaded temporarily only.

I am still looking for a working version of Judas' Joust mod. Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:45:36 am by keK^x0 »

Offline asdam1

• Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 02:39:22 am »
I noticed you uploaded the complete disk 1 on another site. Would it be possible for you to upload the complete disk 2? I sent you an e-mail, but I have a feeling that didn't go through.

Anyways, if you could, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks in advance.

-Asdam

Offline Vidocq

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »
Whoa thanks a lot... i needed to wait for sloik to awnser me but this is much better thanks a lot  :clint: