Author Topic: The Official Machines Game Manual  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
The Official Machines Game Manual
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:30:39 pm »
The Machines game manual is a rare document these times and a digital copy of it can hardly(if ever) be found in the world wide web. The original booklet contains not only the main game controls and features, it also has very detailed information about the units and buildings that are in the game and delivers the epic introductionary story of Machines. Fortunately, I found M123 here on this forum who still had his original, printed game manual. He scanned the document and uploaded it in full quality on the internet.
I've scanned the entire manual, and uploaded it to Mediafire.

Heres the link: Machines Manual

WARNING: The file is 38.2MB!
This manual file is, as mentioned above, very huge due to the amazing quality of the JPEGs(approximately 3500 x 2400 pixel, 26 images), so I set the manual images to a lower, but reasonable resolution of approximately 1000 x 700 pixel.

Doing so, I reduced the download size to about 8 MB. You can download it here.

If you find any other versions(or languages) of the Machines manual, just post them here.

Greetings, keK
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:14:05 am by keK^x0 »
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Machines Game Manual
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:02:53 am »
I'd just like to point out that I have the Australian version of the manual, which is why some of the spelling might be different to the US version and the back cover does not have an ad for the game 'Shadowman', which, IIRC, was on the US manual back when whoever it was uploaded a picture of it.

"Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:04:47 am »
Surprisingly, I found the original German Machines game manual in PDF format somewhere inbetween my dusty CDs!

As I bought Machines along with several other games in the "Millenium Game Gallery Edition Vol. 2" I noticed there was a little hint that said that several patches and manuals were copied on CD 1, on which the game "Snow Wave Avalanche" was stored. On this CD, I did not only find the German game maunal of Machines but the version 1.15 patch, too.

Anyone who has bought Machines within this game collection mentioned above is welcome to look for their "Snow Wave Avalanche"-CD and post their Machines manual here, as I post mine in my post attachments and in the download section.

(BTW: The PDF is dramatically small, its size is only 637 KB!)
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:05:47 pm »
Crap! German :-( Why are there two pod descriptions?

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 08:38:33 pm »
There's actually three.

1. The Pod as Smelter
2. The Pod
3. The Pod - With Ion Cannon