Author Topic: Race Specialization  (Read 938 times)

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
Race Specialization
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:29:19 am »
Something like this was mentioned, but I don't think it was in one topic. I think each of the races should have some kind of ability that would give them an advantage in combat. For the machines, their units would be much more powerful than the humans or the unknown. For the Unknown, they can have magic or spells or something like that, like in LOTR BFME, special abilities like healing, powering up units, some kind of fireball spell, maybe their strategic weaponry could be magic, like a meteor shower (I remember someone mentioning them being magic?). For humans, one of two things:
1. Being the flimsy flesh bags they are, humans can have more spy-like tactics, like people who can sneak up to machines with a cloak, then stick a time bomb. This would be really useful in taking out resource collection...
2. While machines were busy colonizing and attacking each other, and unknown were being magicky, humans back on earth could have vastly enhanced their technology, having more innovative weaponry that gives them an advantage in warfare. Or they reproduced... a looooot. Zerg style!

Offline Solo Ex

• "ALifeTimeOfDreamingGetsYouNoWhere,OnlyBydoingDoWeGain..."
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
Re: Race Specialization
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:42:16 pm »
.........but I don't think it was in one topic. I think each of the races should have some kind of ability that would give them an advantage in combat. For the machines, their units would be much more powerful than the humans or the unknown. For the Unknown, they can have magic or spells or something like that, like in LOTR BFME..................
Isn't machines more Science Fiction then fantasy ? I just don't think It's suitable for the game .
I am a player of old games , still own a Pentium 3, 1 GHz
computer and don't think I'll be changing it any time sooner.Please sign the machines sequel petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/machines/