Author Topic: Talon Prime....military fortress....aaaargh...  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Dim001

• Reaper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace music page
Talon Prime....military fortress....aaaargh...
« on: December 06, 2008, 06:48:50 pm »
Hi Everybody,
First of all, thanks from a newby, i finally downloaded machines and now have once again the pleasure  to...see those damn eradicators and gorillas smashing down all my pathetic attempts to build a base on Talon Prime' mission (the second one where you begin with a gorilla and three knights and two builders)!!!!

Does anybody here have a strategy that works ? Actually, it's impossible to build units to go and destroy the enemy heavy factory before i stand huge assaults (damn, how i hate those eradicators!you just know they are here when you hear this noise and know you just lost units)

i've been trying for at least 15 times and nothing works.

heeeeelp...

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Talon Prime....military fortress....aaaargh...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 07:25:14 pm »
You make a base like in the 1st picture and then go with a Templar Knight to the East in the 1st person mode, the rest of your military Machines put in the North of your base(like the Gorilla on the 1st pic). It's night, so Blue's Machines will often miss and don't hit You :)

You go behind the Military Factory with this Knight and shoot at it and if someone comes, you could shoot at it while flying around it :P

You have some savegames too :wink:

Offline Dim001

• Reaper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace music page
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:14:01 am »
thaaaaaaaaanks a lot, i finally beat them just after your answer but i had forgotten the night factor.

But i had to sent three templar knights to destroy the factory, because i didn't strike immediatly.

Tell me X-more, do you have something working for the following mission ? the corridor one.

I have  a problem, wether i build a good defense with turrets and manage to smash georges and after that take a bee assault that destroy my base, or i build infantry (reapers and enforcers) to take the corridor but georges arrives and smashes it...and i have no defense left to face him.

By the way, as i don't have the docs anymore of machine, does anybody know where i can find units specifications ?
...and does someone have some cheats!!? ;-p

I had forgotten the difficulty level of the game, i admit it's too high for me...

thanks a lot anyway!

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:36:14 pm »
Heey... Don't CHEAT ! This game is too beautiful to cheat ! :argh:

but yes, there is a trainer for Machines 8-) but I won't provide you it(it sucks ass), you can search for it somewhere in this forum...

Units specifications ? Look here: http://forums.wiredforwar.org/index.php?topic=869.0

You know... if you want to beat the campaign you should play(practise) on Skirmish...

and you have to know how to beat the Gorillas... Try this:
http://forums.wiredforwar.org/index.php?topic=1516.msg17433#msg17433
Hi there, I made an update, which include:
* New Advanced Training for those who want to practise a fight between reapers and gorillas wink

Hmm... I can make a mod with knights vs Gorillas and knights vs Wasps(flying units), but you have to tell me which units interests you mostly.

greets