Author Topic: current status on things? + im a modeller + ideas  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Drakis

• Warrior
    • View Profile
current status on things? + im a modeller + ideas
« on: August 26, 2009, 05:46:39 am »
its been a year or so since i looked at this forum....    is the development for this game still on the ground level or has some progress been made?

ive been accumulating a file of data for a game i want to design that is similar to Machines in scope, but more of a MMORTS.

i could easilly adapt my ideas into a Machines MMO.

i am also a decent 3d modeller using 3ds max 5, and i can create to match a concept art with ease.

here is a sample of a model i did based on a mecha drawing a friend did.   took about 2 hours total time to mock it up, but alas, im not good with texturing.

EDIT:

forgot to attach the file with my current idea listing:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:51:28 am by Drakis »

Offline asdam1

• I'm glad to see you read these. :-)
  • Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
Re: current status on things? + im a modeller + ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:35:50 pm »
Those pics look excellent! Welcome back to what's left of WiredForWar! Machines 2 has ground to a halt though, sadly. Not a lot of people are here anymore at WFW. I can make models for sure, I've already made some. I'm good at 3D modeling. Have you got Skype? (my Skype Username is asdamasdam1 if you want to contact me)
Have you checked out any of my mods?
-If not, it's probably because I haven't uploaded any. :wink:

Offline Drakis

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »
no, i dont use skype, but i do use MSN.       drakiskier....hotmail   ect

did you read the txt file at the bottom of the attachments that contains the ideas ive been accumulating for a game?

its sort of like Machines, but with the customizability of Warzone 2100, and heavilly streamlined to make everything easier to use.   EG:  you want to build a unit, the factory will look at the various parts you have already that are available, and build the remaining parts needed, and then assemble the unit.     parts can be recovered from wrecks and repaired.

and of course, units will retreat and keep themselves alive like in WZ2100,
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:15:10 pm by Drakis »

Offline asdam1

• Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 11:08:32 am »
I just noticed that. The list looks very detailed and very professional. I haven't read all of it but it certainly could be used to make an excellent game.

Do you do any scripting/coding?

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:10:59 am »
EG:  you want to build a unit, the factory will look at the various parts you have already that are available, and build the remaining parts needed, and then assemble the unit.     parts can be recovered from wrecks and repaired.
Sounds a little bit like Metal Fatigue, that game was awesome.

"Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

Offline Drakis

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 06:31:24 am »

Metal Fatuige?   never heard of it..  but the wiki article sounds cool.   im gonna need to look that one up.

no, i have next to no scripting ability at all, im an idea generator and modeller

what im looking for right now is a LUA scriptor that can help me with an open-source RTS engine i found a link to on her, Spring.   it looks promising, and it should be able to do the various parts with ease and i can model them for the engine.

Offline asdam1

• Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 01:55:20 am »
Spring would be a good engine to use. A few other members recommended the Spring engine. I have it installed, and I've played it a lot. I think it could easily be used for such an RTS as MII.

I'm also a modeler, but I'm not nearly as good as you are at coming up with ideas. I also use Blender for 3D models, but if you've got 3DS Max that's awesome.

Offline Drakis

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:24 am »
yes, i have 3ds max 5, though its not esactly a legit copy...    it IS however, about 4 versions old and from the old company, so they are less likely to care.

the Spring engine is what i was looking at on here and its promising...