Author Topic: My Strategy for Using Spies  (Read 805 times)

Offline X.A.N.A.

• Team Lyoko's Archnemisis!
  • Elvis
  • I, XANA, am back!....from my vacation. :)
    • View Profile
My Strategy for Using Spies
« on: March 28, 2010, 05:28:28 am »
I use spies a lot to plant mine bombs around the enemy base and steal their research.

Obviously you can't just send a spy in to a heavily defended AI (with those Reapers and everything), so what I do is send a small portion of my army to distract the enemy and it's defenders while my spy slips in undetected and unnoticed (as the enemy Machines usually lock on to the first unit to fire on them and ignore all others).

Pretty smart huh? But, I guess everyone does it some other way (probably piloting the Spy itself, right? Well, I'm not very good at piloting Machines myself yet).

----------------------------
Although, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use Spies to steal research. I send the Spy in using my distraction, and he gets into the enemy's research building while they are researching at the moment...But nothing ever happens. Is my own research done % supposed to rise up faster with my Spy listening in to the technicians' research, or what?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 06:10:20 am by X.A.N.A. »
IRC:
XANAVirus

Hamachi:
XANA-W7COM1 - 5.140.27.198

XANA-W7COM2 - 5.77.211.32

XANA-WVLAPTOP - 5.90.26.8

Neither XANA-W7COM1 or XANA-W7COM2 are always online.

Contact me @ XANA-WVLAPTOP first - please make sure when you do so that the IP is the one listed here, so you can be sure it's me.

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
Re: My Strategy for Using Spies
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:45:23 am »
Spies steals the researches that you do not possess, so if the enemy has less machines researched, you won't download anything with the spy. Spies are usually impractical in skirmish mode, because you can do everything faster than your opponent. On the other hand, they are VERY useful in campaigns as you can steal technologies that you cannot even afford :)

by the way I prefer controlling spies in the 1st person view, it's easy unless you have to walk by some plasma knights or units with auto-cannons :)

Offline X.A.N.A.

• Team Lyoko's Archnemisis!
  • Elvis
  • I, XANA, am back!....from my vacation. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:31:52 pm »
Yeah, piloting it yourself would be easier, I'm still practicing 1st person view though.

Usually the enemy is a step or two ahead of me (they usually have double plasma reapers and a few knights, while I'm still on one plasma reapers), so using the spies is a lot better for me, since the enemy stays usually a step ahead of me throughout the whole game.

I remember in one battle, the enemy AI's all got to the Ion Cannon really fast (starting from "Low" tech mode), while I was on double plasma/autocannon reapers. Man, I wish I would have known to use spies in that battle. I got creamed when they all teamed on me using the Ion Cannon on my pod and military. I lost really fast on that one.

I never have played the campaign, always doing Skirmish mode. I usually lose about 2 hours of the day playing the game (I don't even notice that happens many times).
IRC:
XANAVirus

Hamachi:
XANA-W7COM1 - 5.140.27.198

XANA-W7COM2 - 5.77.211.32

XANA-WVLAPTOP - 5.90.26.8

Neither XANA-W7COM1 or XANA-W7COM2 are always online.

Contact me @ XANA-WVLAPTOP first - please make sure when you do so that the IP is the one listed here, so you can be sure it's me.

Offline reaper_24

• Knight Templar
  • *static*WHOOOSKA Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 03:39:46 pm »
I have never used the spies...they are worthless too me...i am always ahead of my enemy...in skirmish t :-)hat is