Author Topic: Da machines idea!  (Read 1098 times)

Offline killermachine12

• Elvis
  • Oh My God!!! Im Elvis!!!
    • View Profile
Da machines idea!
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:50:20 pm »
Well as i know you all were been doing something on graphics and etc...
I would be glad if i would get graphical downloads and stuff but lets talk about the Big Idea :clint:
So you all been doing ideas for machines 2 and stuff but i would like to enter to something brand new!
My big idea is make Damage to units/machines... Its hard work but i hope its worth it.
Well the machines would get damage For Example: Reaper losed a leg (been shoted off) or one cannon is shot off ) or machine is on smoke like on a bit hardly damaged.
It would be awesome to have damaged machines on move...
Basically i improved some of the reaper and other Legged robots idea.
When robot loses a leg it sametime loses speed as more damaged it is like machine is or fire or smoke then machine works slower and damaged.. I am not a big modeler thats why i call it pretty hard work to modders who will liked to do this.

Offline franky200

• Knight
  • Dozer ready.
    • View Profile
Re: Da machines idea!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:10:43 pm »
Machines 2 isnt really in development anymore. Hell, if i saw it get back up in development i would do backflips.

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 07:20:19 pm »
There was never any real development, but now real progress is sort of emerging, after the forum's most active people have left... For example, we have decent blender models in some threads now. If you can make something, good, and post it, so maybe we can expand on it. That's pretty much how it works now.
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline killermachine12

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:32:52 pm »
Well the bad thing is i am not kind of a coder well maybe i could learn i havent really tested using blender etc but i dunno where to get program like Blender.
That mod would be extra awesome for machines 1 too and by the way just asking is there any way to break machines unit limit?
I would glad to make robots with you.
I have a little idea to make an extra gunned reaper etc with 4 cannons.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 03:36:07 pm by killermachine12 »

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 02:38:14 pm »
1.I believe for blender it's blender.org (or google it...)
2.Can't break unit limit, there's a thread about that somewhere; i think the conclusion was that we need the source code for the game, which we don't have, and can't seem to find.
3.I think to make this damage mod on machines 1 would be harder than breaking the unit cap...
4.Please do make robots if you can, if what you mean is making the game models for the machines. You should use blender, the best free software for making 3d models. I also heard about wings3d, but don't know about it. It's a simpler program than blender i believe. If you're going to make these machines in blender or wings3d, you should take screenshots of them to make sure they are proportionally correct.
5.If you're going to make a new machine that's not in machines 1, then by all means, post it on these forums and we'll take a look.
6. Have a wonderful day :smilydude:
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline killermachine12

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04:11 am »
I have only 2 questions left...
1. Can you give me a tutorial of Blender?
2.What is Source exactly??? Maybe you can get Source but i am not sure it attaches Machines well as you know there is a source for counter strike (SourceMod) i dont play it but the Source maybe would work with some changes???

Offline killermachine12

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 08:24:52 am »
What if?

What if we should replace human etc with robots and change missions n maps??
What if we make for machines with open source coded files??
What if we can find a program that will break n open the files cause Acclaim Entertrainment
had to make Machines with some tools or somehow..?

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:11:40 pm »
Blenderguru-If you google it, I think you get a website with that name. I only heard of it, but never went to the site.
Source is a game engine, which is the base program for a game. You put files like game models and the scripts of stuff like guns and levels/maps. I used to like source, but found that its tools are rather obnoxious, and I found it hard to find good help without asking on a forum(which I never did).
Also, you can't make machines fully open source if you use Source engine, because that's a proprietary program. You can't make it paid-for either, unless you pay valve.
I think there are threads in this forum about the difficulty in finding the programs Charybdis (not acclaim, they were a publisher) used to make machines.

I hope that answers all the questions you posted, and sorry for the delay.
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline killermachine12

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 03:24:11 pm »
Ty and no Prob btw notice if theres a change or something i really wanna use mods cause i would like new graphics and stuff >(All downloads are outdated :( )<