Author Topic: ANN: Flap! Xbox indie game  (Read 836 times)

Offline Nurse jeballi

• Nurse
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artofmagic.co.uk
ANN: Flap! Xbox indie game
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:50:54 pm »
Hiya all,
Some of you know me quite well. I've been quiet for a while as I've been working on a simple sprite based Xbox indie games. It's now on Xbox marketplace. If you have time please go check out my web site. Feel free to "like it" if you fancy! Very 80s feel - primary colours everywhere.

www.artofmagic.co.uk/flap
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/flap/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025855084a

I'm just starting to put together some XBox RTS ideas at the moment based on a Machines like universe. I'll be posting over there as the development starts. I have some old stuff but I'm going to start from scratch - models, textures, code, sound; the whole lot!

Cheers,
Hal.
Ask me anything about Machines and I'll try to answer! I don't have the source code anymore. No idea what happened to it...

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: ANN: Flap! Xbox indie game
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:56:38 pm »
Wow, this is starting to feel like a reunion.

Nice game, looks simple yet addicting. I'll have to try it on the 360 when I get a chance.

Excited to hear you're still interested in Machines Game Development... as one of the original Devs, you're probably best oriented out of all of us to plan it. I hope maybe you'll consider a PC version in addition to the 360? Keep us updated!

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
  • Let us instigate the revolt, down with the system
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:23:37 am »
Same here, nice to know you're starting to work on... Machines? Machines II?

Looks like one of those addicting iPhone games ;D Funny graphics!

EDIT: right, Jeballi, check this...

http://forums.wiredforwar.org/index.php?topic=3192.0

You'll like it ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:51:36 am by VictimOfTheSystem »
Remember when being a Wrath Reaper was badass? Those were the days. . .

Offline Nurse jeballi

• Nurse
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artofmagic.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:12:56 am »
Nice. :)
I'll keep you guys in the loop. I've just been reading the old code base for Art of Magic - bloody hell we did some clever stuff (way cleverer than Machines!)

Doing Xbox primarily because there is a real lack of RTS games on there. Now one could argue that's because the natural platform is really the PC because they are quite frankly so much more capable. But I like challenges!
Ask me anything about Machines and I'll try to answer! I don't have the source code anymore. No idea what happened to it...

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 07:36:36 pm »
I gotta say that I'm disappointed it's on the xbox :cry: but I looked at the actual game actually weeks ago, when I was snooping around your website. It's an interesting game, and reminds me of one of those top-down helicopter games, only side scrolling.
I don't like that it's xbox, because I don't like microsoft for so many reasons, including what they do with the xbox, like restricting developers from making game updates for free, like as a patch, and a whole bunch of other stuff that doesn't belong in these forums.

Anyway, still interested in your machines-themed game(s). If you ever open the project for help (or just because :D), I'd love to tinker around with it, especially if it actually works on computers as well.
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development