Author Topic: How to get the Discs: Lesson 101  (Read 25060 times)

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
How to get the Discs: Lesson 101
« on: September 14, 2006, 06:07:50 pm »
Hey all, I've seen a few people who think they can take a short-cut to the discs, So I'm now posting some simple rules to get the discs, following these will help you and us

If you have a negative behaviour and post useless messages We'll post a BIG link to this page so that you can't say: I didn't know that was Spamming!

Try to follow these rules
  • Try to write something in topics where people are NOT showing they're creations, because it would be very simple to just say: SUPER! 5 times right?
  • Try to write something in Recent Topics; If you post in a 5 Month Topic, and only say: Yeah ur right or maybe even something serious! That won't exactly be seen as "Spam" But as Useless Messaging, Which will be added to your "Negative things list"(Unless you have something to add, like a new Storyline in Machines 2 development)
  • Try to write posts that follow the Rules
  • Try to make a Good first impression by using the Introductions forum
  • Try not to make "Sentimental" Posts, About howmuch you miss the Game or Acclaim. You can only create one post in the Introductions Forum about How much you miss the Game or Acclaim(The Same post you use to Introduce yourself), The rest will be Ignored
  • Try to be active(Time online does matter when you want the discs)
  • Post more than 5 things before asking, This one is rather simple, you can ask when you have 5 posts, but you will have minimal chance you get the discs, but if you post 20 messages(All following the rules ofcourse)you will have 99% chance of getting the Discs

Negative things list:
If you make a good first impression, start posting good things and try to help, you will have access in no-time, But if you act like a stupid person(Spamming,Bumping,Flaming etc), we won't give you the discs, and not only that, your further posts will be check more thoroughly which means that posts like: 'I really like your Moddeling' will be seen as unwanted messaging much sooner. So try to make a good Impression, That will give more room for "Error"

Do's and Don'ts
- Do use your expertise at Modelling, Storylines, Music or any other subject in the Machines 2 Development section
- Don't be afraid of the Moderators :evil: I know we can look a bit mean or Evil, but most intentions are ment for good, Try to be your normal self
- Don't try to Suck up at the Moderators(All attempts will be printed out and laughed at and then trown away)
 -Don't try to PM the Moderators to get the Discs when Sloik says NO(Sloiks word is Final)
- Don't Spam/Beg/Cry/Whine/Ask/Flame/Bump/Ruin/Shoot/Kill/Demand/Want/Order/Threaten/Hack/Crack/Become Angry - on the Forums(or for the Discs)
- Don't become Angry on the Moderators(or your changes of ever getting the discs become less than 0% (Not allways though :P)

And remember why we are all here: TO HAVE FUN!!!!!

Moderators: Sloik, Foxx Raveno

(Last update: 15 September 2006 - 11:56 GMT)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 03:19:03 pm by sloik2000 »

Offline Aquarillis

• \/////////\
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
Re: How to get the Discs: Lesson 101
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 03:13:51 am »
I think that there should be more than five posts required... as I make more than five posts per session/login!

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 07:49:24 am »
Yeah, But some people think that 5 posts is VERY VERY hard to make :)

Offline 4Fippel4

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 02:37:46 pm »
Helloooo and WOW i found this site after 100 years of searching of Machines @ google!!

And now this:
It is TWO discs in the real Machines-packaging?

If it is that, when i download the discs should i get two iso-files?
[size=13]What aboute mi englishcshc grammar?
so please tell me if my english goes bad and try to correct it if you want[/size]

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 03:18:35 pm »
No, that was the old method. In the new one, you get the packaged machines directory plus 1 fake iso of disc 2.... in other words, disc 2 with no content on it.

Offline Foxx Raveno

• The Top Fox
  • Global Moderator
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 04:24:46 pm »
Wich will result in normal gameplay without music...

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 04:34:01 pm »
In that case you can download the soundtrack once I re-open the downloads section....

Offline 4Fippel4

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 07:47:48 am »
ell??!!! (or) hejsansvejsan i lingonskogen (or the englischsch "hello"-phrase:)
Hello!
What exactly i'll get from sloik2000? so i can prepare! What is it for cind of files and so on? Is it a heavy great bigbig file of 1 gigg? in that whay i have to prepare for a early morning i guess. If it a big file zip file with a lot of files what's entire a zip file of 900 mb or something i can recomand to split up the biggest file in zip files itself.
so, What would it be?
[size=13]What aboute mi englishcshc grammar?
so please tell me if my english goes bad and try to correct it if you want[/size]

Offline Foxx Raveno

• The Top Fox
  • Global Moderator
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 02:04:07 pm »
I believe it is one .rar file with a size of +/- 600Mb (CD1) and another of 500 kb (CD2)
Sloik?

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 07:39:32 pm »
Well, the rar does not contain a CD, just a copy of the Program Files folder. The second file is a fake ISO image of disc 2, which is 50 KB.

Offline miklaw

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »
I'm just curious,  is bandwidth the reason that you don't make the files publically available or do you think that there could still be legal issues with putting the files up?

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 08:00:40 pm »
More of the insolence that people will just take the discs and leave. Oh, and
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.
I do believe I've said this before.

Offline miklaw

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 08:13:02 pm »
More of the insolence that people will just take the discs and leave. Oh, and
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.
I do believe I've said this before.

Sorry, I'm new to forums.

Wouldn't it be easier to grow the community if more people knew about this site or for that matter the game itself?
  This is not the easiest site to find, I've actually been googling Machines for about 3 months whenever i get bored and just stumbled onto this one today.  There are some really popular abandonware sites that would probably let you host the necessary files on their site and they might even put a link here to help build the community.  A strong community is the only way to attract good developers and artists to help create mods and a possible sequel to machines.

Chunkling

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 03:28:36 am »
    I am also new to the forums, since yesterday shortly before the previous post was made, and I'd have to say that I agree with it.
    Granted, yes, I can see where you're coming from when you say that you don't want people to just take it and leave the site. The issue of putting a lot of time and effort into bringing some dead software back to life just to have some freeloader take it and leave, fully understandable. However to make it restrict its access is to restrict our community from growing.
    I've been searching for a way to fix this game for years, and only just yesterday morning I was able to find this site by accident (even stranger was that the idea to search for it was made as I rolled hungover out of my bed). If people are truly fans of this game, enough to be able to search and find this site after all the years since this game "died", I think it is fairly likely that they will stick around our community and help it grow. Some people are just not big fans of the forum. I personally think the 5 post minimum is an invitation for people to spam posts just to get to the game, whether they make their posts sound meaningful or not. People also usually make better posts when they're part of a community and have something relevant to talk about, not when they're just trying to get into it.
    Regardless, its good to finally find a home for a game that I was sure had faded away forever. I'm not asking for a change in policy here, just for you guys to consider my words.

Offline Foxx Raveno

• The Top Fox
  • Global Moderator
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 06:38:33 am »
Sorry, I'm new to forums.

Wouldn't it be easier to grow the community if more people knew about this site or for that matter the game itself?
  This is not the easiest site to find, I've actually been googling Machines for about 3 months whenever i get bored and just stumbled onto this one today.  There are some really popular abandonware sites that would probably let you host the necessary files on their site and they might even put a link here to help build the community.  A strong community is the only way to attract good developers and artists to help create mods and a possible sequel to machines.

I like the idea, only thing is; Machines has never been 'marked' as abandonware, Machines is legally drifting around because someone forgot to decide wether to leave it for sale or put it up as abandonware....

I am also new to the forums, since yesterday shortly before the previous post was made, and I'd have to say that I agree with it.
    Granted, yes, I can see where you're coming from when you say that you don't want people to just take it and leave the site. The issue of putting a lot of time and effort into bringing some dead software back to life just to have some freeloader take it and leave, fully understandable. However to make it restrict its access is to restrict our community from growing.
    I've been searching for a way to fix this game for years, and only just yesterday morning I was able to find this site by accident (even stranger was that the idea to search for it was made as I rolled hungover out of my bed). If people are truly fans of this game, enough to be able to search and find this site after all the years since this game "died", I think it is fairly likely that they will stick around our community and help it grow. Some people are just not big fans of the forum. I personally think the 5 post minimum is an invitation for people to spam posts just to get to the game, whether they make their posts sound meaningful or not. People also usually make better posts when they're part of a community and have something relevant to talk about, not when they're just trying to get into it.
    Regardless, its good to finally find a home for a game that I was sure had faded away forever. I'm not asking for a change in policy here, just for you guys to consider my words.

How hard can it be to post ONLY 5 posts with a serious content...? I know people do not like to wait and we can be a little *cough* hard on them about the content. But thats the only way we have some control over the KIND of people that come here. We DO try to form a serious team of dedicated people here, so one day we might create a Machines 2...