Author Topic: How to get the Discs: Lesson 101  (Read 23446 times)

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: How to get the Discs: Lesson 101
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »
How hard can it be to post ONLY 5 posts with a serious content...? I know people do not like to wait and we can be a little *cough* hard on them about the content. But thats the only way we have some control over the KIND of people that come here. We DO try to form a serious team of dedicated people here, so one day we might create a Machines 2...
Yet, we also leave space for the people who like to be idiots (or to have a little fun) in Hogay's bar. So there's pretty much space for everyone in this forum, but if you do want the discs, you have to demonstrate that you can stick around as a contributing member, even if contributing just means commenting on ideas, or scheduling Machines games (which very much is contributing, in my standards).

Offline Foxx Raveno

• The Top Fox
  • Global Moderator
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 03:01:07 pm »
Yep! (<--- Going for shortest post ever! :-D)

Offline miklaw

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 03:50:47 pm »
I like the idea, only thing is; Machines has never been 'marked' as abandonware, Machines is legally drifting around because someone forgot to decide wether to leave it for sale or put it up as abandonware....

What if we could get it classified as abandonware?  Would you consider giving the files to an abandonware site?  I can't see Acclaim having a problem classifying the game as abandonware considering they are no longer making any money off of it and probably won't bother to make it into a franchise due to the facts that it is not the same company they were back in '99 and no longer make games that aren't MMORPG's.

Offline Foxx Raveno

• The Top Fox
  • Global Moderator
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 04:40:33 pm »
I like the idea, only thing is; Machines has never been 'marked' as abandonware, Machines is legally drifting around because someone forgot to decide wether to leave it for sale or put it up as abandonware....

What if we could get it classified as abandonware?  Would you consider giving the files to an abandonware site?  I can't see Acclaim having a problem classifying the game as abandonware considering they are no longer making any money off of it and probably won't bother to make it into a franchise due to the facts that it is not the same company they were back in '99 and no longer make games that aren't MMORPG's.

As far as I know Acclaim seems unwilling to respond to any questions concerning Machines.... But be my guest and mail them!
I will also try myself, to contact Acclaim once again soon...

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 09:26:09 pm »
Kinda argee, most of the posts we got are spam to get the discs, we have 125 members! Yes! and only 7 are here every week and well, 4 every day(Foxx, Sloik, Hoga and me(Not anymore though))

Games like Total Annihalation are older but have a biger audience, you simply upload it to many places, people will download and play get interested(if we give em the demo or the full)We get more players(Modders) (Did you know that TA has extreme ammounts of mods? while Personally I think it's harder to mod that Machines)More people who wanna help and everybody will be happy...

Atleast, that's what they thought of Communism....and we know how that worked out

Offline Imber

• Force of nature.
  • Wasp
  • Machines User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 08:16:34 pm »
I'm starting to think that circulating the game might not be a bad idea. The reason we have dedicated people is because they're people who've played the game and love it. As the years run on there're les and less people who remember the game and so our possible communith is constantly diminishing. I thing we need to set out on a campaign to reintroduce the world to machines. Start going out to other gaming forums and sites and letting people know about the game and that there're still active fans of the game. Why don't we make a demo of the first few levels as a free download and have the 5 post rule apply only to the full game. I've said this kind of thing before but we (including myself) never really did anything about it. I think we should really give it a try. I'll go make a thread for it now. Go fourth and spread the word brothers.

Edit: Thread created- http://wiredforwar.org/forums/index.php/topic,523.0.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:53:46 pm by Imber »
"It was dark magic to get this to work."

Offline KreMlin

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 06:42:22 am »
Personally, i agree with Imber. Going around to other sites and spreading the word is all good, but most people arent going to bother with the 5 posts thing, unless they know it is worth it. By making the demo more accesible and more easily found, more people will play it. Once they play the demo, and see the masterpeice that is machines, they will contribute a heap more, and more likely stay contributing, than if the only thing they know about machines is that it's a rpg/fps from the 90s.

Edit: This probably isnt the place for this post now i look at the other thread. Sorry.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:44:11 am by KreMlin »
bah

Offline Pavlik

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 11:42:27 pm »
Someone made torrent of machines, so you can get the disks without begging sloik to let you get them. (i hope it's not fake)
link REMOVED. This counts as torrent advertisement

p.s: How can you expect that someone will write reasonable posts about game he doesn't have?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 02:22:03 am by sloik2000 »

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 11:30:50 am »
Hello everybody, this is my first post! I'm so glad my brother found this website... I agree with people saying this website is not advertised enough. Maybe you could put up a web advertisement? Something that says come to wiredforwar.org...

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 04:38:54 pm »
Maybe you could put up a web advertisement? Something that says come to wiredforwar.org...
Gimme money and I will :P

Tyranus_07

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 06:05:06 pm »
Hi all, owned the game since it was released. Only discovered this site today. I really want to play it but all links to WinXP patch are dead. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 07:04:59 pm »
Why don't you put advertisements everywhere and then create a bot that clicks them so that you will get revenue while we don't get any annoying pop-ups!

And with that money you can create the advertisements you can sell...no, you give away money...advertisements you can buy(?!?!) to people :D

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 08:02:49 pm »
Guys, can you check something out for me? When a judas warlord shoots a treachery attack, and it hits an enemy, zoom the camera up to the enemy and listen closely. I think it sounds like some guy is reciting some evil words or something... :wha?:

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 08:04:30 pm »
How come it says I have 0 posts? Am I making useless posts that don't count?

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 08:23:40 pm »
Never mind... Sorry