Author Topic: Post your abilities here!  (Read 9259 times)

Offline Chimpy400

• Elvis
    • View Profile
Re: Post your abilities here!
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 05:15:43 am »
hey, can i join the 3d team? i posted a model and im really interested in making models!

uhhh i dont think this is going on any more... but feel free to prove me wrong.

Offline asdam1

• I'm glad to see you read these. :-)
  • Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2008, 07:22:17 pm »
Sign me up for 3d design/animation. I've got plenty of experience for that category (mostly with 3d design).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:26:19 pm by asdam1 »
Have you checked out any of my mods?
-If not, it's probably because I haven't uploaded any. :wink:

Offline Brainbox

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2008, 05:55:25 am »
err... dunno if you need this, but I'm an hobby artist in the field of electronic music (known as "Benn Virus")
don't be scared about my music, I can create normal music as well (if I really want).

just wanted to mention this

Offline Jimmynut

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2008, 05:08:01 pm »
I'd like to be part of a team:
Here are my skills:

Photoshop CS2
Flash 8
MAYA / 3D Studio Max
Swift 3d
SoundForge

Let me know if I can assit in anyway
Thanks
Jim

Offline d_nikiforides

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2008, 06:01:29 am »
Hey, I would love to help out on this guys....
I would be a great addtion

Talents are,
-3D modeling, Buildings-Characters-anything wanted.... (Best)
-Map editing (Best)
-Texturing
-3D animation, e.g. Skeletal animation-Ciematics-etc... (Best)

and can do Sound, 2D artwork etc...

I use, MAYA mainley and some 3Ds max, for 3d stuff but can learn anything else needed in a few days
And use photoshop, for Texturing

Cheers...
Damien

Offline Goby

• Hotkeys.SMACK
  • Elvis
  • Hotkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2008, 12:22:42 am »
cynicism and sarcasm.  :squidly:
This thread has been gobyfied

Offline mrhiggens

• custom title?!
  • Wasp
  • MEXICANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2008, 08:33:57 pm »
ya i can get 2d artwork

Offline Kratos1987

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2008, 05:11:53 am »
I'll be great for storyline making, i've played many games in my short little life and have even planned to make my own full game while i was at school, of course i did it all on paper back then, i like cut-scenes mostly in games as it stretches the storyline further..

well i hope you choose me as one of the storyline people. it sounds like the greatest fun i will have. although playing the completed game will be ALOT better!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Cannot Die until i fulfil my duty!!

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2008, 02:20:37 am »
i've played many games in my short little life and have even planned to make my own full game while i was at school, of course i did it all on paper back then,
OMG, that's almost exactly what I'm doing!  :-o

"Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

Offline Kratos1987

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2008, 04:15:31 am »
Wow, i'm only new to this forum, and already found someone similar to me. soooo cool!!!!

what kind of game were or are you planning on making while at school or whatever? (you said almost the same)
i was making similar game to resident evil but the main characters being me and a few friends, i made my least favourite brother the last boss (i'm so friendly :roll: )  and the places you travel to and from were my friends houses and the streets, and the last location is at my high school to end the game lol

and another game that i didn't really go far with was your average RPG adventure game!!
I Cannot Die until i fulfil my duty!!

Offline Electhor VII

• The Warlord From Hell
  • Elvis
  • Fear the Fire - The Dragons are Coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2008, 10:06:43 am »
Drawing is not too bad and I'm developing my photoshop and k3d skills pretty quick if this will speed up the process ;) I want to see this hit the shops baby!
Fire, Blood and Anguish

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2008, 10:05:53 am »
what kind of game were or are you planning on making while at school or whatever? (you said almost the same)
I was planning to make a sci-fi/fantasy FPSRPG (<-Combos :-o) (similar to Deus Ex, System Shock 2 or possibly Fallout 3) with a story based around a conflict between magic and technology (a bit like Arcanum, except with futuristic technology and without <insert generic fantasy races here> :-P).

I have 3 or 4 friends who are helping, unfortunately, none of us have the necessary skills to actually make the game :-( (I can make simple models, and I think our planned story is OK, but neither I nor my friends know how to code, at least until we do some IT subjects in the second half of this year).

Quote from: Electhor VII
photoshop and k3d skills
What's k3d?

"Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

Offline -Aj-

• solar technician
  • Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2008, 11:38:42 am »
hmmm, ive got some friends who may be interested in assisting. good skills in photoshop and 3dsmax and programming in afew languages between us. ill see what i can do..

Offline Modder Fokker

• Reporting for Duty
  • Grunt
  • A life? COOL! Where do I download one of those?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2009, 01:29:49 pm »
I only just joined a few days back, but im dying to get my hands dirty.

Skills:
C++ programming: Rudementairy. What I can do atm is Arrays, Switch statement, Functions, Do, Do while, if, if else, for - statements and all that kind of thing. (I learn a bit more every day)

Music: Well I could custom make some soundtracks/intro/cutscene music since I play an electric guitar. I also enjoy editing licks etc I play on my computer with Reason.

Story: Geofiction has been a longtime hobby of mine. Geofiction is the creation of worlds that do not exist, like the world J.R. Tolkien created for his Lord of the Rings booksequels. The fun thing about this is, it's your world, you can let anything happen, flying pink elephants? np. (ow wait those weren't imaginairy..... or where they?)

Animation: Not to much experience there. A bit of fumbling in Google-SketchUp. I almost went to study for animation artist so the interest is definitly there. On the other hand 2d animation is another story, I used to work with macromedia editor and a bit of flash etc.

Artwork: Because of my hobby geofiction I did develop these skills and I think I'm quite good at it too :wink: Lots of experience in Photoshop CS2, and also theorie about artwork wich might prove very useful for a professional look and feel (followed a minor Communications and Multimedia Design)

Thats about it, as you can see I'm a bit of an allrounder. I don't excel at anything but I can help on everybodies team.
I hope somebody can put me in a development team because I don't know where I will thrive the most. Also if anybody needs anything done just tell me and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm the kind of guy that needs to be put to work to be productive so just tell me what you have me do.

If anybody has any questions related to this post please PM me, I'm really psyched about M2.

Offline rautavaara

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2009, 09:19:02 am »
I'm a contemporary classical composer, studying Music at King's College London.
Lots of experience with orchestration/arrangements/composition.

I'd like to help with the soundtrack.