Author Topic: Let's name Machines 2  (Read 21252 times)

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
Re: Let's name Machines 2
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2007, 06:53:47 pm »
That's an awesome idea :lol:

Offline Bionic21

• The Triple Agent
  • Elvis
  • New Download Initiated
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2007, 07:00:29 pm »
cool
but i suppose we don't have to make each color have that particular power source in multi-player,
some people might like to switch thier colors when they're not in campaign mode :-)
Viral Warfare is Superior

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2007, 07:50:21 pm »
uh

Paths of power? You got that out of Lego: Rock Raiders right? :P

Anyways, that would mean we have to quadruple the mines in a area so that every player has the same ammount of mineable resources...or we can give all the players 4 kinds of generators each with pro's and cons, instead of giving each pleayer a unique, incompatible mining device :)

Offline Bionic21

• The Triple Agent
  • Elvis
  • New Download Initiated
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2007, 08:04:52 pm »
 Umm... no, I've never even heard of Lego: Rock Raiders
I made the name up awhile ago but never bothered to post until now,

Any way,
you don't have to make all the buildings and machines to that power source,
but that seperate generator idea is cool,
like i said though, if you can't make all the buildings different, don't,
but it would be pretty cool if we could.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:53:07 pm by SpyGuy721 »
Viral Warfare is Superior

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2007, 10:12:30 am »
Perhaps not "Machines" or "Machines 2" but something from the background text that affiliates it with the Machines universe. Something like calling it Eden 4: Legacy of the Machines or Eden 4: 3323 might keep with the Machines atmosphere without encroaching on copyrighted territory.
Quote from: AgpKReaper
Fungi of moisture seized it.

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2007, 07:40:49 pm »
Machines 2: 3323?

Neutral, Simple, Meaningfull, Technical, Emotionless

Perfect! Allthough Machines 2: 3323 is a bit, maybe just Machines 3323? or

It's would be a mix between Machines and Earth 2150, since it uses things from both games(or it's going to :P)

I vote Machines 2: 3323

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2007, 12:29:07 pm »
Which brings us back to the initial argument of using Machines in the title, a trademark registered to acclaim or someone (I see the TM it is right here on my manual), which is why I suggested Eden 4, as it directly relates to the story and the original gameplay from Machines without really encroaching on a trademark.

Yes, also the many numbers seem a bit weird :P Reminds me of that stupid game name Act of War: Direct Action... wtf is that xD

Roman numerals may be a way around it good idea.

something like Eden IV: 3323 or the previously stated Eden 4: Legacy of the Machines.

To raise another point, perhaps we should code-name it for now (machines 2 has served as a nice one for now) until we complete the story line. We might want to name the game off the detailed storyline instead of either having a title that doesn't relate to the text or text based on a title. If I may use an example, say we were to have the storyline so that the humans or unknown actually defeat or start to defeat the machines advancement, pushing them back to make room for a 3rd machines where it tells the story of a different seed pod.

In this case a name like Eden 4: Legacy of the Machines makes no sense, whereas Downfall of the Machines might make more sense ;) I know this is a condescendingly simple example but I think it supports my point :P This problem is countered by having '3323' in the title but again there is the problem of having too many numbers in the title :P

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:49 pm »
Well since Machines is in a copyright void I think we can use Machines as a title and besides, sueing somebody for a game nobody knows anymore isn't worth it

*Note: I Think we should make the project- and rights owner "John Smith" who currently lives in Norilsk, Russia*

Keeping "Machines" would be the best choice, since Machines 2: 3323, Machines 3: 4353, Machines 4: 5637 makes sense, while Eden IV: 3323, Eden IV 2: 4353, Edevn IV 3: 5637 makes less sense :P And Eden is also a commenly used game title, so Eden IV would suggest the fourth Eden Serie, which is very confusing

Machines II: 3416 Would be better than 3323, since it doesn't use the same numbers making it a bit more readable, who's going to look at the date anyway? (besides, it's very easy to edit)

Machines II: 3416 would be linked to the story since everything starts at that date

Anyways, Machines II: 3416 has my vote ;)

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2007, 06:19:48 pm »
What does xD mean?
What does Eden mean?
I think it would be better if you play as the machines, and not the humans. In the previous machines game, you played as the machines, and it would suck to see your units being destroyed as you play as a newcomer. Also, if you play as the machines, then you could make a cool starting cutscene in which humans or other creatures are landing on a planet, the machines investigate the LZ, see that there are creatures, then you are facing a  wraith reaper, and he starts to fire. (symbolizing the beginning of the war). Anyway, I think it would be better to play as machines, not humans.

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2007, 07:15:41 pm »
xD is a Person with crossed eyes(like southpark) and a big smile, this is when you find something (very) funny, I sometimes tend to use it for no apparent reason :p

Eden is from the Garden of eden, you know, the bible? And In Machines the first seeded planet was called Eden 4(Named after the Seeder-Ship Eden(or was the Seeder-ship called Eden 4? uuuuh....))

I think that if we could add different playable races(Like Starcraft, Warcraft, Earth 2150, C&C Generals, and all the other quality RTS games) it would double or triple the fun(quadruple in Warcraft 3 :P) So the first Campaign should be Machines only, and then you get a Human Campaign and then a Unknown Campaign.

I think it would be best to add 3 races, you just need 3 times the models, but for the rest it's just coding

Oh, and that cutscene is kinda weird, why fire? if we gave it a reason...

You(camera) are with a Machines squad, you look to the sky and you see a light coming down
The Squad and you go investigate the LZ
"Things" come crawling out of uhm "Thing"
They look at the Machines and start running towards them with fangs and poison and stuff :P
Reapers (and knights :D) start attacking(killing them all quite easily)
Reaper looks arround, looks up
Hundreds of lights coming down
Fade out (Or you go to a Machines base that's defending it from allot of creatures)
But, erhm, this is not the cutscene topic(my bad ;)) and maybe it looks too much like Warcraft 3(allthough slightly different beginning)

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2007, 10:45:56 am »
Definately make the other races playable. Machines 2 would be too similar tot he original if you were stuck with building and using the same units as the first game! People don't care about killing the race they played before - just look at the warcraft, starcraft, etc. and otehr successful series to prove it beyond doubt :P

I still think 3323 is a better name, as you would pronounce it thrity-three twenty-three whereas 3416 (thirty-four sixteen) does not have the same ring to it and is not as catchy. You would pronounce games like battlefield 1942 as nineteen forty-two right?

I agree to use Machines 2 if we can, but if that is not possible then I think Eden 4 suits it well.

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2007, 10:25:50 pm »
I guess your right, and of course you should put all races playable. There should be a separate campaign for every race. :-)

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2007, 10:14:43 am »
I guess your right

I never get tired of hearing that phrase :D And no, you wise arses, it's not because I don't hear it much ;)

so it is decided, Machines 2: 3323 if no legal problems occur

Offline Imber

• Force of nature.
  • Wasp
  • Machines User
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2007, 11:32:10 am »
"Machines II: 3323" seconded. Why don't we put it to a poll?
"It was dark magic to get this to work."

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2007, 11:42:31 am »
Ok, but decide on all the options first:

Machines II: 3323
Eden 4: Legacy of the Machines
Eden 4: 3323
Machines 2: Paths of Power

etc. etc. but witht he ideas from all pages.

It is silly though as I can see already 3 votes for Machines II: 3323 xD May as well just make it that. Where is sloik's opinion?