Author Topic: Download the Machines Multiplayer Anti Lag Patch ! !  (Read 14119 times)

Offline JadedLink

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Download the Machines Multiplayer Anti Lag Patch ! !
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 02:34:38 pm »
Didn't work for me.  I followed the instructions, but still had lag while in first person and out of of person.  Mostly when in first person.

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
Weird :P

Internet Connection does matter xD

Offline Foxx Raveno

• The Top Fox
  • Global Moderator
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 03:23:11 pm »
Didn't work for me.  I followed the instructions, but still had lag while in first person and out of of person.  Mostly when in first person.

Your opponent has to have it installed too..... Otherwise you get the laggy stuff and the opponent your good signal...

Offline JadedLink

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 05:01:50 pm »
It was Aquarillis.  He said he installed it. 

Offline Gregster

• Grunt
  • Professional Transporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 06:28:20 pm »

If you got any trouble let me know!!!

Download here: AntiLag.zip

Dont go changing these settings on your own... If 2 players have different settings the effect will be reduced!!!

OKay pardon me for being a little dense on this - but what the heck do I do with this file  :?
I unzipped it, I now have a file called "AntiLag.reg" .... what folder do I drop it in?

There were no other instructions in the original posting other than "Download here;"

Sorry if the seems like a silly question, but I'm not as computer savy as I used to be. I know many of you work at the keyboard daily, but I only get a few hours a week.

ThanX in Advance for the help

/GreG\
** That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! **

Offline Aquarillis

• \/////////\
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 09:30:50 pm »
Just double-click on it and it'll ask you if you want to add the information to the registry, and then you say "yes".  :D

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 12:04:53 am »
Works for me. Good job. Not nearly as much lag as before.

Offline Gregster

• Grunt
  • Professional Transporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 01:16:21 pm »
Just double-click on it and it'll ask you if you want to add the information to the registry, and then you say "yes".  :D

ThanX!  That was easy....  okay now for another  stupid question.  The patch did it's thing just fine on my two XP machines, but my one Win98/SE system just didn't like it. Gave some sort of error. I'm guessing this registry file is for XP machines.

All in all, everthing seems to be working well.  Before installing the AntiLag Patch, I couldn't get a network game to last more that 12 minutes before  at least 1 computer timed out/lost connection.

I played last night with my nephews for almost 2 hours straight on a single game (2 xp machines and the Win98 machine).
All worked well.... minimal lag if any. Only the occasional location stuttering of units on the move.

You guys are awesome - thanks again.

/GreG\
** That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! **

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 04:08:37 pm »

ThanX!  That was easy....  okay now for another  stupid question.  The patch did it's thing just fine on my two XP machines, but my one Win98/SE system just didn't like it. Gave some sort of error. I'm guessing this registry file is for XP machines.

All in all, everthing seems to be working well.  Before installing the AntiLag Patch, I couldn't get a network game to last more that 12 minutes before  at least 1 computer timed out/lost connection.

I played last night with my nephews for almost 2 hours straight on a single game (2 xp machines and the Win98 machine).
All worked well.... minimal lag if any. Only the occasional location stuttering of units on the move.

You guys are awesome - thanks again.

/GreG\

Windows 98 doesn't need the patch... :P

\o/ This proofs it, anyone who thinks this doesn't works has a slow-ass computer! \o/

Offline brato86

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 08:10:34 am »
If you want to try the patch on 56 k than just use netlimiter and limit your connection to 56 k!!!

Offline Nurse jeballi

• Nurse
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artofmagic.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 04:15:45 pm »

Windows 98 doesn't need the patch... :P

\o/ This proofs it, anyone who thinks this doesn't works has a slow-ass computer! \o/

That what comes from using "a patch" from people who don't really understand what they are doing  :dancinggorilla:.
Now they could have made the reg file compatible with Windows 98 (when you export from regedit change type). And I also note that they didn't include a "reset" option. If you download my original reg file you can back out the changes if required.
During original testing on a LAN we cranked the numbers up to about 20pps and on the Internet we found 8 about the most you can get away with. Starts to fail when you are in 3 or 4 player games. Having said that the Internet has moved on since then!

Ask me anything about Machines and I'll try to answer! I don't have the source code anymore. No idea what happened to it...

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 05:27:34 pm »
Hmm, yeah a reset-file would be handy, I guess we just forgot it xD

But you could only get 8 packages?(in 1999) You correctly said that I don't know anything about it, but howmuch packages could you send with 100 Mbit LAN-connection :D 40? More? And the bytes per second, maybe from the casual 400(right?) to the new 10.000Bytes/s? :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:31:42 pm by Judas »

Offline Nurse jeballi

• Nurse
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artofmagic.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 06:21:56 pm »
Hmm, yeah a reset-file would be handy, I guess we just forgot it xD

But you could only get 8 packages?(in 1999) You correctly said that I don't know anything about it, but howmuch packages could you send with 100 Mbit LAN-connection :D 40? More? And the bytes per second, maybe from the casual 400(right?) to the new 10.000Bytes/s? :P

The limiting factors are:
1) Speed at which the interrupts from the NIC are actually processed.
2) Speed at which the message packets are actually consumed by the game.
3) MTU of the carrier (max size of a packet of the carrier) for TCP and Ethernet this is um...about 1080 bytes I think?

Back then we were running on a 10/100 switched network but we were running on Pentium (1!) 75MHz machines with slower bus speeds and whatnot.

I suspect 25pps is a practical limit but I could be wrong.
Ask me anything about Machines and I'll try to answer! I don't have the source code anymore. No idea what happened to it...

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 07:44:08 pm »
I think i'm going to start up a closed testing enviorment for Machines-networking xD Just see howmuch it can take :P If it's starts to smoke, it's good!

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
  • Let us instigate the revolt, down with the system
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 01:04:07 pm »
I get an error(this is Dutch so I'm trying to translate it as much as I can :-P): 'Cannot import C:\Documentens and settings(and stuff...)Antilag.reg: An error has occured trying to get acces to the register'... I'm not this pc's administrator... Has that got something to do with it?? :|

Nwm, got it :wink:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 01:08:25 pm by R@z0R »
Remember when being a Wrath Reaper was badass? Those were the days. . .