Author Topic: Current State of Multiplayer? - And also seeking a game.  (Read 669 times)

Offline X.A.N.A.

• Team Lyoko's Archnemisis!
  • Elvis
  • I, XANA, am back!....from my vacation. :)
    • View Profile
Current State of Multiplayer? - And also seeking a game.
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:24:45 am »
Say, I wanted to know how I should get started playing online, if that is still being done now (what with all the disappearing members and general in-activeness of the forum as late).

I got Hamachi(2) up and running, with it set up for my own little network (not a gaming thing, just a network and so you'll know I have it working), but I found like 2 different Hamachi servers in topics from some time ago (and so don't know the exact activeness of the network), and I wanted to know which server I should join in order to play online with others?

There's like 2 different ones to choose from...not to mention that there is a topic on alternative multiplayer options (clients, I mean; though I consider Hamachi easier), so what to pick from? Which is everyone using nowadays (everyone who still comes here - although the spambots don't count ;) since even though they're the most active members, I doubt they would want to play games with me/us)?

I'm off college and have my entire Summer Break to play games.
I'm not a fan of the whole 'XBOX/Playstation' online gaming scene, since in my experience console online gaming is bad, and I much prefer to play those games local, with people I invite over.
All this despite the fact I'm in the most rural parts of my state and the closest neighbors aren't even young enough to play games, nor is there anyone else around since I live right next to a golf course...
The only person I have over who is even remotely interested is my cousin and he too prefers playing locally (and Super Smash Bros for the N64, can't get him to play anything else, even on the N64).

I do play Age of Empires II online with my half-brother, but he never comes over (and this - and the preceding paragraph is relevant, since I'm describing to you how remote I am), but I don't exactly have anything newer than that game - except for consoles, of course, I have a Wii, but no friends since they all jumped on the XBOX/Playstation bandwagon, not to mention I play my N64 more than anything else.

So...because of all this, I really really really WANT to play a match against somebody here. Don't know if I'm any good or not, since the AI's pretty easy, but still I want to since I'm off for Summer Break and I play for fun, not to win. :)
IRC:
XANAVirus

Hamachi:
XANA-W7COM1 - 5.140.27.198

XANA-W7COM2 - 5.77.211.32

XANA-WVLAPTOP - 5.90.26.8

Neither XANA-W7COM1 or XANA-W7COM2 are always online.

Contact me @ XANA-WVLAPTOP first - please make sure when you do so that the IP is the one listed here, so you can be sure it's me.

Offline Lorenzo de Medici

• Reaper
    • View Profile
Re: Current State of Multiplayer? - And also seeking a game.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 04:34:07 pm »
Hello Xana, I also want to play this great game online. I'll add it to your hamachi servers. I hope someday find online greetings.