Author Topic: Battle tips  (Read 10144 times)

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
  • I Seem To Have Left My Keys In The Lab...
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Battle tips
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 11:11:19 am »
Leviathans aren't too hard to take out if you use manual piloting on a strong unit.

Offline iamianr

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 03:19:15 pm »
Sun Tzu quoter :P

Anyways, it's takes kinda long to research
1. A Flying APC
2. Behemoth Mek
3. Leviathian Missile Launcher

And it takes long to build, it's slow to fire, often misses units, hard to defend, etc etc etc

Nice tactic but I doubt you can just leave it alone for 30 minutes ;)

Thing is, if you site the missiles on the edge of the map, on a mountain, the enemy doesn't/can't/won't fire back.  The AI/enemy doesn't try to get to the missiles...

Ian

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 07:50:22 am »
But.... If you are able to construct Leviathians Missile Launchers doesn't that mean the enemy can create Wasps?

Or do you have to be Frickin' fast! :P

anyway, maybe I should try before I say (any more) stupid things ;)

Offline Aquarillis

• \/////////\
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 09:22:21 am »
Here's a tactic: nuke everything.

Another one: Nuke/Ion the base defense systems, and send in a disposable strike team that attacks only transporters and smelters.

Offline Blackeagle

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 11:02:13 am »
are you just talking about skirmish against the computer? i wonder why, because the computer is so less intelligent. :roll: even an early reaperrush they can't defense.

cu, Blackeagle

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 06:45:18 pm »

I'll explain, red is the Player(mostly above, and blue is the AI, mostly below) Green means the favor is in the Player side, light-blue means it's on the AI's side

(Offcourse this is only one strategy out of THOUSANDS, so if this doesn't look likes your strategy or whatever, just remember the above picture)
1. This is the starts of the game, often the AI uses both constructors to build a Millitary fac(1) while the human uses one to create a Civ fac, and the other creates a Mil Fac, this way the dozers have to drive less and both buildings are done when the AI is still 75% busy. Also the AI must build at certain positions, so if the script says, bu9ild here and twohundered metres up, he does that, while the PC simply builds...EVERYWHERE

2. The Player has a definite advantage because it can construct Reapers and maybe Commanders, the PC has a small base and is only building the current necesities: Civillian and Military Factories, this is also the time for the first rush, which often spells "Victory"

3. Red has a huge advantage now, it can/has build Warlords, Knights, Commanders etc etc etc, it will often run at the enemy while they are still building their base, normally Blue allready has a Advanced combat fac

4. Blue has finished building it's Military and Civillian needs and the Machines spawn like crazy, Red can still win easily, but he has to use a variety of Machines to win, or he could just use the "Flood" he created in the last few [Add Time-unit here] Red now has a nuke

5. Red's last chance, Blue has build turrets, air factories and is on it's way to a Nuke, not only that, Blue has allot of mines on the map, meaning it has a huge BMU Storage

6. Turning Point, Blue is Attacking and Building and Resourcing like crazy, waves pop up every 5 Minutes each having Scouts, reapers, commanders, Knights, WL, etc, The builders are building more turrets, repairing old turrets. Also the nuke is 90% built, if you were playing at 10,000BMU's and don't have any mines, then you're srewed, 0BMU's!

7. First nuke on Pod, also a Ion-cannon on your forces, your turrets(if any) weaken under constant stress of the enemy, allmost any attempt to turn the tides is futile, Blue has reached it's top of Strenght

8. Blue is sending gorilla's, bee-bombers, Assassins, the whole lot, if you have any defences they'll be gone in a few minutes and it will need loads of Machines to stop the advancement

9. After a while Red can't take it anymore and Blue wins flooding the base with Machines, Nukes, Ion cannons and pidgeons....

10. Yellow and Green are just as bad

Acctually I tried this once, I ordered my builders to create MASSES of pulse turrets(nothing strategic, just MASSIVE AMMOUNTS) and then I turned a screen-recorder on and went to lunch or whatever I did. Total obliteration was my reward :D Because only one Crusader can rip open your entire defencive line, forcing you to use Machines, which then will fight a heavy battle against the next wave of blues, waiting for the defences to be rebuild. Or they can walk back, damaged, and wait until the next wave

(PS: This map would be a high-resource, 10,000BMU's, Canyon attack, High research etc etc etc map)

(PPS: Play Volcanic Stronghold and watch Blue, Green and Yellow expand.... it's simply horror
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:48:16 pm by Judas »

Offline Jabor

• M2 Development leader of: Offtopic Posting
  • Eradicator
  • Nukage
    • View Profile
    • Quantum Legacy
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 01:36:56 am »
My strat against 1 AI:

1. Tech up.
2. Nuke + Ion Cannon. Ground Sentinals + Pulse Defenders for defence, with Leviathans for the frickin Crusaders.
3. Once the Nuke + Ion Cannon are online, take out their pod (so they don't get Ions of their own). Use the Ion Cannon large clusters of machines (usually their strike force  :lol: ) and the nuke on their buildings, targeting the Smelters and Refineries first. Once that's done, you've pretty much won, if necessary you can use the Ion Cannon to take out the units that are a pain to kill (Judas Warlord, I'm looking at you), and perhaps a Nuke or two if they happen to build Levi's (Very rare in my games, but it has happened a couple times)
4. Send in a mop-up squad of Judas + Crusader + Assasin/Surgeon + Whatever to finish off
I still have my original Machines disks and manual....

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 09:52:52 am »
I NEVER constructed a nuke in Skirmish/Multiplayer

Start Fac(40)
Research Lab(60)
Technician(55)
Research Builder(70)
Research Engineer(120)
Builder(150)
CivFac2 (400)
Research Lab2 (150)
Engineer (180)
Research Brainbox(480)
Research Behemoth (150)
Research Titan (180)
Behemoth(300)
CivFac3 (750)
Brainbox (360)
Titan Mek(400)
Nuke (500)
Missile (500)

That's allmost 5,000BMU's for a frickin' nuke!! (And then +500 for each extra shot) Offcourse it's a bit less when you play on "Hightech" but it's still more than 2,000BMU's!!

I Allways spend my 10,000Bmu's without building a civ3 Fac....Light, Advanced and Heavy assault are all I need! Hmm, Maybe a small Mod? Dozer = Light, Builder is Advanced, Behemoth = Heavy, Titan = Air....should be easy enough ;)

Offline Jabor

• M2 Development leader of: Offtopic Posting
  • Eradicator
  • Nukage
    • View Profile
    • Quantum Legacy
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 06:08:05 pm »
I regularly build Nukes on Skirmish, starting at low tech, with 2k BMU's. On Canyon Attack, with a low-BMU start I play as Red, with 10k to start I play Green.

It's just the way I play. Of course, it loses to a lot of strategies, just not the one(s) the AI employs...
I still have my original Machines disks and manual....

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 07:59:38 pm »
Hmm, I should make a list of "Guides" i'm going to do xD

Currently I think it somewhere near the 8 or 9 Guides....Campaign guides, Modding Guides, Skirmish Guides, Strategy Guides, Machines Guides, Multiplayer Guide, and uuuh, some more :D

I just need a program to make it look....pretty(How do you make a .pdf file?)

(Argh, I also need to make a list of my mods(Created, Going to Create)....wait, I have one....but then bigger and easier for me to edit offline!)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:03:21 pm by Judas »

Offline Blackeagle

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 12:40:09 pm »
pdf-file? with adope? not the reader of course, but the main program, witch costs of course....

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 01:16:22 pm »
You can make PDFs with openoffice.

You non Linux people are doofuses.

Everything is free in the Linux world.

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 02:19:20 pm »

PS: What has Openoffice got to do with Linux? The fact that Openoffice can make PDF's acctually has nothing to do with Linux OR Windows. And everything is free in the "Windows World" too, you just have to search(which you also have to do with Linux I think, and you have to search just as hard)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:23:21 pm by Judas »

Offline Apex-

• Mind the Penguin
  • Doctor
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 03:42:02 pm »
Openoffice is open-source, so it is kind of related to Linux.
Just because most people who use Linux use open-source stuff.

And with Fedora Core 6, it doesn't take much to search for software.

PS: How would you know what you have to do in Linux when you've never actually used it? Also, not everything is free in the Windows world. Including...
-Windows Itself
-Microsoft Office
-Quicken
-Half Life 2

The list could go on forever.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:58:29 pm by sloik2000 »

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 04:06:40 pm »
Acctually Sloik,

Like I said, you have to SEARCH, and for some things you have to search harder than others. Finder's Keepers, and i'm a good Finder(For those who know where that came from, don't tell :P)

And I've tried Linux, hell, my mom got a pirate linux pinguin as background :P (Not that's it's related or anything xD)

Btw, I bet Windows isn't free on Linux either....wait :P And can Linux play Half-life 2? Didn't know that ;)