Author Topic: Battle tips  (Read 10387 times)

Offline hendy

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
Re: Battle tips
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2008, 12:32:49 pm »
but in some 4 player maps , you must take 2 opponents, then they will fight and you have time and time and you can build units
It quite fun watching the battle

Offline QWERTYRULEZ

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2008, 05:54:49 pm »
Make a massively powerful fefense, build a scavenger and then kill all the enemies before munching on their remains! Who needs mines?

Offline mrhiggens

• custom title?!
  • Wasp
  • MEXICANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2008, 10:16:09 pm »
i dont think ive ever used the scavenger units

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2008, 04:42:51 am »
I wouldn't win some campaigns without scavengers ! They're might as hell ! I can get a lot of resources from destroyed gorillas/knights/goliaths etc. And I can make the army when I don't have BMUs in mines anymore :evil: it's really helpful on the map where blues Georges are coming from north and some light units from northern east and the lanscape is gracko/volcanic :wink:

Offline hendy

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2008, 10:22:58 am »
yes
every time i played it, i couldn't attack, bacause the ress where not there  :wink:

Offline asdam1

• I'm glad to see you read these. :-)
  • Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2008, 08:34:18 pm »
Making the Enemy to spend Resources:

In the Skirmish Mode, the enemy always send 2 units stronger+ 3 intermediates + 2 weaks, when yours transports of Resource are attacked, even the point of the adversary shots.
A good tactics is search a valley, whose mountains are in the edge of the route of these transports,move 4 Reapers with Dual Laser+ 2 Constructors and make a rapid work: construct High Range Bateries(blue shot) bloking the route, in the time and local rigths (to that its no they go off against any enemy unit or building),locating the constructors behind of the bateries, to rapair its.So locating the Reapers in the High of the Mountains.

When the bateries they go off the first transport, they will arrive reinforcements which will be EXPLODED(HAHAHAHA) :evil: for bateries in set with the Reapers.So the enemy will be sending units spend more an more resources!!! :jackson:

Bateries?
Have you checked out any of my mods?
-If not, it's probably because I haven't uploaded any. :wink:

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 12:17:39 pm »
Making the Enemy to spend Resources:

In the Skirmish Mode, the enemy always send 2 units stronger+ 3 intermediates + 2 weaks, when yours transports of Resource are attacked, even the point of the adversary shots.
A good tactics is search a valley, whose mountains are in the edge of the route of these transports,move 4 Reapers with Dual Laser+ 2 Constructors and make a rapid work: construct High Range Bateries(blue shot) bloking the route, in the time and local rigths (to that its no they go off against any enemy unit or building),locating the constructors behind of the bateries, to rapair its.So locating the Reapers in the High of the Mountains.

When the bateries they go off the first transport, they will arrive reinforcements which will be EXPLODED(HAHAHAHA) :evil: for bateries in set with the Reapers.So the enemy will be sending units spend more an more resources!!!

Bateries?

It is quite hard to follow the sentence structure of foxtrot. Too bad he is not here to explain it to us again. I think his basic tactic was setting a trap for the enemy. He planned to locate an enemy mine and then sending a troop of long-range aggressors there. These machines should be positioned on a higher location so that they can overview a large area and are protected from lower-range aggressors. Every transporter that arrives at there will be destroyed by your machines.

After a while the enemy will send some aggressors to find out what destroys its transporters, which will be destroyed as well from your troops. Doing so, foxtrot expects following advantages:
  • The enemy will waste more BMU's on new transporters and aggressors
  • The mine that you besiege will not provide BMU's for your enemy
  • Enemy reinforcements will not go to your base directly, they will first try to clear out your siege
  • While enemy aggressors are drawn away to open the mine again, the enemy's defence line is weakened

I think this is what was meant. The 'bateries' are, if i am not mistaken, additional turrets that should be built in order to assist the besieging Reapers.
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline asdam1

• I'm glad to see you read these. :-)
  • Bee Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2008, 09:51:02 pm »
It is quite hard to follow the sentence structure of foxtrot.
Hehe... Okay. I think I get it now.
Have you checked out any of my mods?
-If not, it's probably because I haven't uploaded any. :wink:

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2008, 01:31:10 pm »
I have one for siege, Be red on fixed and do destroy pod :-P

Offline Shadow hornet

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2008, 07:44:51 pm »
I got to the very last level in the game without using scavengers a lot, and had no way to beat the last level without a little mod to the game.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:46:45 pm by Shadow hornet »

Offline killdog

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2008, 08:49:21 pm »
there are some levels which are incredibly hard such as a level when u need to wait for reinforcements they are fun but hard i tell you what :-P i couldn't get to the last level couse the missions where very hard

gr33tz killdog

Offline Naga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2008, 04:17:01 pm »
I've never used this against a human opponent, but against AI opponents it rocks:

Get a flying APC (the Eagle works best, bot the other will work just fine) and in it put a squad composed of four autocannon Wraith Reapers and one healing assassin warlord, setting all these units for low initiative.  When the enemy seems to be setting up for an attack, get in first person view in the APC and fly as fast as you can for the enemy base, remembering to avoid anti aircraft missile sites.  Park the APC right next to some lightly defended but still valuable buildings (I find that enemy mines and, to a limited extent, smelters, tend to be grouped together and not too well defended, so I like hitting them) and deploy the APC.  Because they are deployed so close to the target, the autocannon Reapers won't have a range disadvantage, and their superior firepower will allow them to take down the buildings faster.

The enemy will respond by sending some units that way.  The moment the enemy units get near you, run!  Get into the APC and haul *** out of there.  Because you had your units set for low initiative, they will run straight for the transport instead ot turning to engage.  If necessary, use the warlord for covering fire and repairs.

Using this strategy, not only do you destroy enemy valuables, but you also throw off their attack plans, giving you time to strengthen your defenses.

Hope this works for you!

Offline Darvids0n

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2008, 12:25:06 am »
I find that when you've got resources a-plenty, there's really only one strategy you need.

Rush. Rush with:
1) ~4-6 Light Infantry Factories making Wraith Reapers with plasma, then
2) ~4-6 Advanced Combat Facilities making Templar Knights with plasma, then
3) ~4-6 Airborne Unit Facilities making Wasps with plasma sting (or missile, if you're so inclined).

Win.