Author Topic: No one can connect to me to play multiplayer.  (Read 761 times)

Offline X.A.N.A.

• Team Lyoko's Archnemisis!
  • Elvis
  • I, XANA, am back!....from my vacation. :)
    • View Profile
No one can connect to me to play multiplayer.
« on: June 27, 2011, 03:45:50 pm »
Hi,

Yesterday, I was trying to get a game going with VictimOfTheSystem, but over the course of 4 hours absolutely nothing would work.
The strange thing was he said he did everything that he did a few months ago with X-Lord.

First, we tried GameRanger, which didn't work despite me forwarding UDP 16000 to my computer that was running Machines, it just gave me 3 free slots and him 4 free slots (which means he couldn't connect to me). This was with him hosting.

After that, we tried having me host, which also didn't work (still forwarding UDP 16000).

I did allow Machines and GameRanger through the Windows Firewall, but that was after we had tried one time - I didn't notice the popup since Machines had come on the computer.

And after that got nowhere, we tried having him connect to me (I activated my DMZ and pointed everything towards that single computer), still no luck (he wass using the game to enter in my IP and connect to me that way).

It really went by quickly and we tried practically everything I could think of, so if I forgot anything now then that's why.

We also tried through Hamachi (at this point, I'd given up on GameRanger), with him saying he SAW MY GAME, but couldn't connect (I still had my DMZ active, and it was still forwarding to my computer).

The only things I hadn't tried yet before having him try connecting to me were to disable the Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall on my Router (but I checked the Security logs page and it had not blocked anything), and shut down some of the filtering options (think a few of them were, filter anonymous internet requests and a few other options - but again the Security logs page did not log anything as blocked).

I also had not tried yet giving Hamachi a static port for it to connect and be connected through (having my DMZ active as I did yesterday means I wouldn't need to change anything on the router afterwards).

In Hamachi, he showed up as 'green', which meant we had a direct connection (no relay servers), so I am at a loss trying to figure out how to fix this problem (incredibly frustrating, I was getting flustered by the end since we had tried EVERYTHING I could think of and nothing worked!).

He is also going to try to reinstall his copy of Machines, not sure why or what good that will do, but we've tried almost everything by this point.

Really, those are the only things left, and by the end I wasn't as perky about playing than I was when we had started, I am starting to think this is never going to work.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:50:14 pm by X.A.N.A. »
IRC:
XANAVirus

Hamachi:
XANA-W7COM1 - 5.140.27.198

XANA-W7COM2 - 5.77.211.32

XANA-WVLAPTOP - 5.90.26.8

Neither XANA-W7COM1 or XANA-W7COM2 are always online.

Contact me @ XANA-WVLAPTOP first - please make sure when you do so that the IP is the one listed here, so you can be sure it's me.

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
Re: No one can connect to me to play multiplayer.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »
I added you on gameranger, and I see you on my hamachi network(wiredforwarmahmoud). Maybe we can try to work it out sometime. Unfortunately, from what Victim told me, it looks like he just tends to have these problems for no apparent reason >.<
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline X.A.N.A.

• Team Lyoko's Archnemisis!
  • Elvis
  • I, XANA, am back!....from my vacation. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:57:33 pm »
But, that doesn't explain why he can't connect to me... I know with my other favorite game to play online (or try to), Age of Empires II, that the game versions have to be exactly the same (not just the versions of the main exe but all files patched by the various patches).

I imagine that this is the same for Machines as well?
Is there a specific order in which the patches need to be applied to the game, and if so, I guess everyone needs to apply them in that order?

I might consider reinstalling my game and reapplying everything. I have played it alot, but seeing as I have finished all the games I played (and never play single player) I think that might have something to do with it / be a way to fix it.

By the way, I've been back from my vacation for a while.
IRC:
XANAVirus

Hamachi:
XANA-W7COM1 - 5.140.27.198

XANA-W7COM2 - 5.77.211.32

XANA-WVLAPTOP - 5.90.26.8

Neither XANA-W7COM1 or XANA-W7COM2 are always online.

Contact me @ XANA-WVLAPTOP first - please make sure when you do so that the IP is the one listed here, so you can be sure it's me.

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »
It might be that some used apex's download client, and others didn't, although I think that any machines.exe should work as long as you have the xp and antilag patches...
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development