Author Topic: Anyone need help on any of the Campaign levels?  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Blackeagle

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone need help on any of the Campaign levels?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 12:34:51 pm »
i would be interessted, too.
i tried it over and over again...

cu, Blackeagle

Offline Aquarillis

• \/////////\
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 09:17:41 am »
Make one

NOW! :P

Ok, but I'll need the name of the best screen record software out there.

Another thing: I'll be saving alot and reverting back to old saves, doing thi s mission in one go would be insane. :D

Offline Blackeagle

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 11:04:49 am »
@ aqua: you said it would be sooo easy, so you should do this in one game without saveing and loading 8-)  :-P :wink:

i still don't have an idea how to win this level without cheating...

cu, Blackeagle

Offline Aquarillis

• \/////////\
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 07:18:46 pm »
@ aqua: you said it would be sooo easy, so you should do this in one game without saveing and loading 8-)  :-P :wink:

i still don't have an idea how to win this level without cheating...

cu, Blackeagle

It is easy, the only thing is that sometimes you make the wrong move and you're defeated.

Offline 4Fippel4

• Knight
    • View Profile
Anyone need help on any of the Campaign levels?
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 07:18:42 pm »
i need help with The border colonies > Talon Prime > Reclamation of talonthia 8
Hmm, everybody maybe thinks  L O L aboute me. But it this scenario is hard for me. Hmm, some nice tactics you can recommand?

and when i build a bmu factory(that what tankes up BMU from the earth or something) to the west the blue just blowing up them ArG!! And then i have lost all my BMU:s and have to restart.     ):
[size=13]What aboute mi englishcshc grammar?
so please tell me if my english goes bad and try to correct it if you want[/size]

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 11:18:08 am »
From Jeballi's Walkthrough and Made by Jeballi (also added in my Multi-Guide :))

Reclamation of Talonthia 8
This level is moderately straight forward but can catch you out.
The mineral sites are relatively small (<2000 BMUs typically) which means that funds can be hard to come by. Use scavengers to keep the BMUs flowing.
The right hand access to your base (down the road) can be defended with a pair of large turrets - so you need to reseach and build the Behemoth Meks.
The left hand access is trickier to get to but may be defended in a similar fashion.
If you keep scavengers active constantly you shouldn't run out of BMUs.
Watch out for Georges coming in from the west near the beginning - these are tricky but easy enough using 1st person circle strafe or lots of reapers mixed up with a few knights.
A few strategically positioned AA missile launchers come in handy on this level as well.
Once you approach the base the map will be revealled and some of the buildings will be reclaimed for your side. Be careful that you have enough troops to back yuo up as the enemy will start to destory the buildings.
I used a small unit of assassin warlords (6 of them), a unit of reapers (12) and some wasps (6). This was easily sufficient to take the base.
Once you are in the base, you can capture the smelters for more BMUs and build Knights in the newely acquired factories. Just a mopping up excerise really - oh watch out for the Ion Cannon - keep your big force of Knights spread out.

Hope it helps :)

Offline Aquarillis

• \/////////\
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 10:30:55 pm »
Hmm, everybody maybe thinks  L O L aboute me. But it this scenario is hard for me. Hmm, some nice tactics you can recommand?

and when i build a bmu factory(that what tankes up BMU from the earth or something) to the west the blue just blowing up them ArG!! And then i have lost all my BMU:s and have to restart.     ):

Here's a better strategy:

Build lots of plasma Wraith reapers, and enter the city through the main gates. Soon you'll run into your own mine, which has over ten thousand BMUs. Use it as your main source of funding, and make sure to start building factories near it to make units defend it, and assemble for the main assault. Then you attack and win.   :]

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 02:20:58 pm »
i nedd help with final assault if that's not the name (i forgot i will check though) I need help with the second to last campagin

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 02:22:27 pm »
My advice would be: Build far far away from your pod

They nuke it whenever they can

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 09:05:12 pm »
What about building Judas warlords? wouldn't that help a lot in the second to last level?
Also, I need to see a video of the last level.

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 09:06:43 pm »

Always remember: get some sort of knight or warlord, and circle around the gorilla with your head turned to the side, keep shooting him, he will be distracted and he is very stupid. (I know Judas mentioned this)

Offline Nizzle

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 09:29:07 am »
What is the last level? Was it in innern Midian? Where the enemy controller with ~10k hp stands? Last time i played this level in the year 2000^^

Everyone speaks about the second to last level, I mean the first mission on planet Midian. (Damn, i hate school english) I was 10 years old, when i finished that level, but the very last i never could make :(

Offline BLauritson

• Lord Fnorgle
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fnorgle.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 04:04:50 pm »
My strategy for the final campaign level was instantly build an advanced combat factory, build a Judas warlord, use lots of saves and capture as many enemy machines as possible. It's very difficult, but it's possible if you have the patience.

Offline Chaine

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 12:18:29 pm »
Beeing shot at :x
Any tips for the Military Factory, first scenario on Talon Prime?
I've tried (as the walkt. suggested) to stay in the first area and pretty much go slowly, first time I went quite recklessly and only lost the 3 warriors. The second time I went perhaps a bit too slow, yet lost the 3 warriors quite quickly and then a berserking gorilla and that templar attacked at the same time and I went BLAM quite fast.
Anyone have savegames from the very last moment or something like that? Savegames, strategies and possibly some non-rosebuddish trainers.
I still have my original Machines box, CD-case, CD, manual and shortkey paper.

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 01:47:43 pm »
Phase 1: Use the range of the crusader to destroy the knights(in 1st Person) and the size and speed of the warriors(they have to become decoys or a one-use rocket-shield) By putting all the units in one squad you (should) give all units enhanced range(although I never actually tested it) because of the Commandant with night-vision. Move all your units to the bottleneck and place them on either sides, the commandant, warriors and crusader on one side(East), the reapers on the other(West). (The Walkthrough says that you should put your commander and crusader in the middle, but that makes them a too easy target.) Make sure you also correctly place the Machines, so that they all can fire at the same time, rather than moving to a side or moving into range before shooting. Position the Grunts in front of the Crusader and behind that the Commandant. When the first wave is destroyed quickly move all the other units to the up-link and drive the Crusader yourself. It is useful if the other units survive, but not critical, however should the Crusader die it becomes much harder to destroy the Up-link. Make sure the crusader lives! It is also a very, very useful unit against the Gorillas you must fight in Phase 2.

SAVE!

Phase 2: Build Plasma turrets and make use of range and the lack of maneuverability of the Gorilla. Space your units out and place them in a wide, 1/2 circle around the spot where the gorilla is going to be shooting. There are deposits in the east so send your locators and builders out there, give them plenty of backup. Eventually when you have a base and you have defended a lot of enemy attacks drive a Templar Knight in 1st person to the far east and then north, you will see a Heavy Assault factory, try to destroy it while evading the Gorilla, Goliath and whatever Machines are there. If the first time fails, send another, just as long that Factory is dead. it won't be rebuild. Now send in small Commando groups into the east side of the base, try to make a VERY diverse group. Decoys(Scout, Grunt), Snipers(Commander, Plasma Reaper), Walls(Knights), Destroyers(Crusaders, Goliaths) whatever. Make sure you drive the most important Machine yourself. If you need to destroy a factory, drive the Crusader. If the enemy attacks, drive a Knight. If you want a Leviathan Launcher dead, drive a (Plasma or Auto-cannon) Wraith Reaper.

SAVE as often as possible!