Author Topic: Anyone need help on any of the Campaign levels?  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Chaine

• Elvis
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone need help on any of the Campaign levels?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 03:07:20 pm »
Yaah. Won after the 9th try (Total, not after reading this).
By the way, I just got to that level with the first Judas (Capture a Commandant). Is that possibly the most fun level ever?
I thought Judas whould be able to treachery like every 5 minutes as a special ability (Ion Attack, Nuclear Attack) but you could fire it quite fast. Just going in with one Judas towards an army of enemies could be really easy with this thing, especially if there is an eradicator or gorilla to treachery.
Am I right, or am I too full of Judas now? People say Gorilla, Goliath and Reaper is the best unit, but this one should also be a serious candidate. By the way, I do hope you can take over ALL units.. right?
I still have my original Machines box, CD-case, CD, manual and shortkey paper.

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2007, 03:20:34 pm »
Judas is probably the best unit in the game, but it fails miserably against buildings, and it is a extremely expensive Machine. To build it you need the entire research tree(Which I think is about 3000BMU or more) plus Labs(60+150), Factories(1190total) and Brainboxes(360ea) and then you have to have the Heavy assault fac(200) and then build the Judas(350ea I think)
(I didn't add the builders though :P)

But it is well worth it in battles, I can win the entire Island-war with 4 players with only a Judas( and the units I capture, of course)

Anyway, the Judas rules in open fields, but in small corridors like the mission where you are it needs backup, since it can't use the Shoot&Run tactic, and somehow, the enemy always target your Judas first

The Judas is the best, hence the name :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 03:25:41 pm by Judas »

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 12:41:47 pm »
Hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!!!!!! We won the campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take that blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, I love the blues! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mholland8

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 08:27:04 am »
From Jeballi's Walkthrough and Made by Jeballi (also added in my Multi-Guide :))

Reclamation of Talonthia 8
This level is moderately straight forward but can catch you out.
The mineral sites are relatively small (<2000 BMUs typically) which means that funds can be hard to come by. Use scavengers to keep the BMUs flowing.
The right hand access to your base (down the road) can be defended with a pair of large turrets - so you need to reseach and build the Behemoth Meks.
The left hand access is trickier to get to but may be defended in a similar fashion.
If you keep scavengers active constantly you shouldn't run out of BMUs.
Watch out for Georges coming in from the west near the beginning - these are tricky but easy enough using 1st person circle strafe or lots of reapers mixed up with a few knights.
A few strategically positioned AA missile launchers come in handy on this level as well.
Once you approach the base the map will be revealled and some of the buildings will be reclaimed for your side. Be careful that you have enough troops to back yuo up as the enemy will start to destory the buildings.
I used a small unit of assassin warlords (6 of them), a unit of reapers (12) and some wasps (6). This was easily sufficient to take the base.
Once you are in the base, you can capture the smelters for more BMUs and build Knights in the newely acquired factories. Just a mopping up excerise really - oh watch out for the Ion Cannon - keep your big force of Knights spread out.

Hope it helps :)

After trying this approach a few times I came up with a different strategy which I found to be very effective.

1. Get the mining going
2. Use the light factory to build sufficient reapers to guard the road to the right. Placed correctly they should be able to stop the wasps that come from that direction a little later on
3. Build the advanced civilian factory and a couple of scavengers for now.
4. Build a couple of advanced military factory's and get going with the plasma enforcers. Assemble these on top of the hill to the left to defend against the georges and the wasps that come from that direction.
5. Research and build the Mek & research the shark APC
6. Use the Mek to construct the airborne factory
7. Build at least 3 sharks. Fill 2 with plasma enforcers & 1 with constructors
8. Fly over to their pod (top right). Deploy 1 set of knights by the pod. This will provoke an ion attack. The APC's can withstand this but you'll lose the first set of knights
9. Deploy the rest of the knights and constructors. Capture the pod, satellite uplink and smelter. From here on in its pretty much game over!

I used a similar tatic on the next level - behind enemy lines. Research and build an eagle APC. Fly over to the commandant and air lift him out of there. Its much easier than fighting your way through!

Offline franky200

• Knight
  • Dozer ready.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 09:29:28 am »
I Made it to second to last and never beat it.... The damn  :gorilla: 's Are stupid

Offline coolio2654

• Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2008, 11:41:29 pm »
I need help with that level that you need to first destroy a satellite uplink with a small group.  After doing that, you get another group that can build and then you have to destroy the enemy base.
This is the first level that is killing me.  I really, really, need help.

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 12:04:35 pm »