Author Topic: The full EUROPEAN version of the game now available !!!  (Read 16276 times)

Offline Dave

• Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: The full EUROPEAN version of the game now available !!!
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 05:37:06 am »
the site does open in my pc :S

can any one help me ?   :-)

Offline AgpK

• RR: Reapers Rules!!
  • Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 05:01:22 pm »

:argh:The file isn't on the link... : :?
Please fix the problem.
Thx. :-)
:smilydude: internet explorer that sucks. we should all make fun of you

Offline turkey151

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2008, 03:57:03 pm »
Hello everybody   :-)

After 4 day of problem, I have the pleasure to announce that the Full EUROPEAN version (french, english and spanish) of MACHINES Is now available on my site  :holy:

On this page : http://official.wouamai-space.info/4.html , you can download the full archive, contains :

-The two CD in european version in ISO format
-Deamon tools (english and french)
-XP patch and V.1.15 patch with voodoo patch inclued (for european version)
-All the instructions (but only in french sorry  :oops: )

=>  http://official.wouamai-space.info/machines/machines.zip    (870.4 mo (or mb  :wink: ) !)

You can too download XP and v1.15 patch, trainer, voodoo separate  :wink:

And for the pleasure : You can download an archive with all the musics of the game, and a Screenshoot pack.  8-)

-> (All this files are in ZIP format) <-

I wish you a lot of fun and long life at MACHINES ! ! ! ! ! :holy:

(tanks at 1&1 and filezilla  :wink:)

----

(sorry if this topic is not a the good place but I can't post in "Discs" area)

I realize this site is no longer available, but if anyone has this version posted somewhere or can put it in a torrent i will kiss ur feet. I already have 1 version of the Iso's and my original disks ( scratched beyond repair unfortunately ) Im trying to get as many different versions as i can as im troubleshooting a freeze problem. (game freeze topic)

Offline Masterchief43215

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2008, 04:41:29 pm »
It won't work now stupid bloody

Offline InVersoN

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2008, 01:04:40 pm »
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3571571 there u can ffind instal of machines...

Offline icedevil

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2008, 06:46:39 pm »
 :? is link have a problem??

Offline scorchedearth

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2008, 11:13:35 am »
For ALL of you guys talking about there being no music in the torrent version.. you're right. I jst spent 3 days downloading it on the pirate bay tracker (still active after two years) but unfortunately.. the guy who "ripped" it.. didn't have a clue about how to do it properly and judging from the comments here.. neither do most of you. That's not a "flame".. just a fact.

If you want to see my last 2 new comments for that torrent.. follow the links still.. or see both of my posts in the "acquiring" and "copying" threads.

So let me explain..

First you need to know what "Redbook Audio" is (google is your friend). Redbook is used on regular music CDs. In a "roundabout" way.. it's wave files translated to a CD. That is why music Cds contain a full 600 to 700 mb of data.. but you CAN'T see them on a CD in Windows Exploere.. not even as WAV files ON the CD. In the old days.. people "ripped" songs of music Cds to MP3s first by ripping them from the CD to HD as WAV files and then "encoding" them to MP3. Of course.. nowdays it's done with one-click programs but the old pros who post the high-quality stuff on Usenet.. still use that method with various editing tools because it gives them better control over the quality and results in sonically bettr MP3s.

Now.. how does all of this relate to the Machines game? If you have an original retail copy of Machines (I don't) AND.. an old W9X PC.. remember the standalone utility (before Media Player came along) called CD player in Windows? Did you ever try to insert an older game disc into it. The first track (the DATA track) was always sqealing and ticking (it's actually never a good idea to play track 1 on a game CD) but the rest of the tracks were REDBOOK audio.. just like a music CD.. which is why you COULD listen to them.

Almost all of the older games (before MP3s and csrtainly Ogg-Vorbis) had their music on the CDs in this form. Machines is that way.. and yes.. there actually IS some semi-necessary data on CD2. If you do a "big" install.. you'll notice that about 2/3 of the way into the install on your HD it asks for disk 2. Just watch what it writing.. more SMK files. These are smacker video files.. the precursor to Bink video. So the full install puts movies and in-game sounds to the HD.. but NOT any music.. it can't.. no way.. because you can't just drag & drop audio tracks to your HD either because Windows can't transfer what it doesn't see. ..AND if you COULD convert to WAV files you would have to name them correctly.. drag to the game directory and then actually rewrite the code (because I don't see any kind of config or ini file in the game's install) to actually now utilize the onboard HD music. Almost impossible.

So basically what I'm saying is that disc 2 DOES have a full CDs worth of data on it.. you just can't see half of it.. so if your CD2 image file turns out to be about 300 megs.. you've missed the music entirely. The guy on Pirate bay did this.. and perhaps even Sloik's version is missing it. If HE doesn't have "dynamic" in-game music either.. then his isn't a full 1:1 true rip either.

There IS a proper copying method posted on Game Copy World. It involves imaging (and one has to burn it back as well) the Cd#2 as a MIXED-MODE (as in data + audio (redbook) CD. In the old days.. ONLY CDR-Win could do this as a Bin/CUE file. But nowdays.. both Alcohol & Nero CAN image these kinds of discs in their OWN formats (MDF/MDS 7 NRG.. respectively) but you STILL have to tell the programs to treat them as mixed mode. None of the three programs aforementioned.. will detect or set this automatically for you.. and no.. ripping as an ISO won't USUALLY work in any cases either.

So.. has this game EVER been properly imaged? I think not. I don't have an original game so I can't do it.. but your best bet for someone who does would be to still go ahead and image CD1 as an ISO and CD2 as a Bin/Cue (through CDR-Win) that's how I would do it.. but as long as you used any mixed-mode method for CD2 (CDR-Win is VERY slow when it comes to imaging AND burning these kinds of CDs.. it took me 4 hours to write a image of Spellcross the other day!) it should work.

Now.. knowing all of that.. one can also understand why today's modern "mega-gig" games use Mp3s and Ogg-Vorbis for their music.. and simply write everything to the HDs.. but in the long run.. making them hence easier to crack. How many w*r*z games start out with "do a full install.. then copy over the NoCD on them?

I actually DO hope that someone can rip (as in transfer.. not make smaller by taking stuff out) this game properly. My guess is it's never been done. Plain & simply.. if you have in-game music in your retail copy but not in an image (either burned or "mounted") then you don't have it properly ripped. Sure i can see some people saying "Just burn Sloik's MP3s to a CD and play them in the background".. but that's just not the same. From what I've heard.. Machines has some good tunes in it and they are meant to be dynamically inserted in the right times of the game.

Lastly.. if you have music in w9X but NOT in XP.. there's an even simpler explanation for that. Many of the older games (Alien vs Predator, Metal Fatigue and Syndicate Wars to name JUST a few).. had nothing BUt music on CD2 of their games. In order to play the music though.. they DID utilize the CD player utility in W95/98 but you just don't see it running underneath the game. When Media Player came along and got installed.. it took over audio CD playing by default and the game developers had no way of predicting the future.. so they didn't code it.. and you lose music.. that in some cases.. people never even knew they had.

This is why I still keep to this day.. a Windows 98 machine around with CD player still set to the default CD player around.

Hope this helps some of you.. now make a proper for the rest of US!

I find it amazing that people are still keeping a two year old torrent active today. The game MUST be good!

Offline shaban

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2008, 08:13:28 pm »
game is not good  :D  its perfect

Offline SolarFlare

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2008, 06:24:57 pm »
So, the torrent link is a dude then? Shame, i actually love this game.

Offline Dim001

• Reaper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace music page
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 05:37:07 pm »
i just read the 5 pages, i was thinking to myself "hey they are unlucky, i download at 35 mb/s it's cool, i'll maybe have the game tonight" but when i read all the problems people have to install, i think i'll have to wait again before playing to Machines.

How is it such a popular game can't be found more easily ? nothing on EMule, no site even SNESorama doesn't have it.
I tried to contact Acclaim but i feel like they'll only answer when i buy a "fresh" game...

Well...life is a b*/!ch! :smilydude:

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 06:42:18 pm »
Well...life is a b*/!ch! :smilydude:

I absolutelly agree with You 8-)

If it was a popular game, we wouldn't have so many problems with it and with Machines 2, really...

I'm sick of it, that it isn't popular... WHY this superduper game isn't popular ? This question is like "Who are we, where are we, why are we, how are we" etc. :wink:

Offline -wouamai-

• Reaper
  • Machines is not dead !
    • View Profile
    • wouamai-space
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2009, 04:42:00 pm »
Re all (after a long time...)

I'm sorry if the link don't work very longer, but when some people download the game, the quota of dl allowed to the website was explosed, and the site was closed by the hoster.

I'll try to up the CDs on Megaupload or other site.

I'll say you if I do it ;)

Bye guys and again, sorry for the site  :oops:
I'm a french fan of Machines. Sorry if my english is not very good but i do what I can ;)

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2009, 03:46:49 pm »
If you were smarter, you would already have the game running :-P

Offline Kekxo

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2009, 04:48:23 pm »
why is this forum so confusing, i just wanna play machines, i played it when i was like 8 , now i'm 14 and i just really wanna bring back the good memories

MACHINES IS THE BEST GAME!

Sigh... I thought I placed something like the download section somewhere placed in the News section where it could easily be seen. Obviously it hid itself too well.
Looking for downloads all around Machines? Try the download section and report any suggestions for it to me.

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2009, 07:39:15 pm »
 :lolhammer: