Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
Bait
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:29:22 pm »
How do we get people here and how do we make them join the project? With bait?

So far what I think only the Devteam-members should get, allthough this list can change offcourse
1. Private Storage of I don't know, 10 to 50MB, maybe more or less, it's Sloiks final decision :) (we have to keep atleast 1GB or 2GB free for Machines 2 I think)
2. Right to request changes to the website.(which are not vital: Special music for Hoga's bar, new smilies, new theme's etc. "Vital" would be in my eyes that the register-code should be removed/added (I don't know xD)) offcourse these request will be looked into
3. PM-Storage capacity of unlimited(Normal member would have a limit of 25/50 inbox messages)
4. All members and leaders will be put into one big statue, which will be placed In-game
5. Will get a "Custom name" under their name(which is now normal)
6. Has a signature limitation of 400 instead of 200
7. Can unsubscribe to newsletters xD
8. Can have their personal spot in the Newsletter if wanted
9. Can have a blog(like my http://www.wiredforwar.org/modblog/)
10. Gets instant access to the Machines Discs
11. Gets access to the "Respected Members" section

That's what I have so far :) None of it is certain though since I've haven't asked Sloik and other authorities, but I'm sure this list is better than what we have so far :)

oh yeah, I also think we should add something cheap like "Here are 10 reasons why you should dedicate some of your time (or your entire life, as you prefer) to Planeshift Machines 2"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:35:14 pm by Judas »

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
Re: Bait
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 03:07:44 am »
I love how you call it bait instead of insentives or something :P like they are animals.

But yeah, well first of all it has to target machines fans, have to get the website known first, right? Good ideas though!
Quote from: AgpKReaper
Fungi of moisture seized it.

Offline Nurse jeballi

• Nurse
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
    • http://www.artofmagic.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 06:15:37 am »
Bait is an excellent choice of word ;)
Ask me anything about Machines and I'll try to answer! I don't have the source code anymore. No idea what happened to it...

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 11:43:37 am »
I don't think it has to be Machines-fan only orientated. With new people there will come new fresh idea's. Besides, how many Machines-fans have learned coding, and how many know this site, and how many are still fan of Machines?

I'm now just going to send (formal) E-mails to everybody I can find that might be a help :)

Offline Imber

• Force of nature.
  • Wasp
  • Machines User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:28:26 pm »
mm, As nice as it is to have fans of the game working on it, that just isn't possible if we want to get things done. We need people who know how to code  game. I don't think this should be hard if we market it right. Machines is interesting as it's both a RTS as well as a FPS, it's also a game created by a major label that people are allowed to continue because it was lost in bankruptcy. Imagine if Warcraft was dropped? You know how fast there would be a Warcraft 4 (or 5 whatever)? It's a chance for some aspiring game developers to really shine and (if the game comes out well) maybe make a name for themselves. I like Judas' suggestions
"It was dark magic to get this to work."

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 09:17:09 am »
This is how I wanna look for my statue:

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »
How much money would it cost to start an advertisement on the internet? I wouldn't know... Any machines players could come to wired for war.

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 10:57:06 pm »
well if any of us here have websites we can host it free on them? ^^ Just put links to the site everywhere >:D Myspace, MSN profile, everything! :D

Offline Sansari

• Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:24:22 pm »
Well, we could do that... What about one of those side advertisements that annoy people so much? The ones that sometimes appear on the side and top of the webpage.

Offline Solo Ex

• "ALifeTimeOfDreamingGetsYouNoWhere,OnlyBydoingDoWeGain..."
  • Wasp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 12:20:00 am »
I don't think it has to be Machines-fan only orientated. With new people there will come new fresh idea's. Besides, how many Machines-fans have learned coding, and how many know this site, and how many are still fan of Machines?

I'm now just going to send (formal) E-mails to everybody I can find that might be a help :)
I agree, I for one don't know coding .
I am a player of old games , still own a Pentium 3, 1 GHz
computer and don't think I'll be changing it any time sooner.Please sign the machines sequel petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/machines/