Author Topic: Wanna take part  (Read 6480 times)

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna take part
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 03:00:17 am »
 :w-hat: That is all.
:bunny: :bunny:

I wouldn't pet the bunnies if I...

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 03:12:50 am »
all you said is "what." congratulations  :squidly:
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline naums

• Knight
  • Oettinger Games Dev
    • View Profile
    • Oettinger Games
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 07:07:10 am »
SpringLobby? I have no idea whatsoever what you want from me ;). I can do a little menu, but I probably would make that a window in Windows and Linux, that just says: SP, MP let's you choose a map and then loads the engine and the real game (maps, units, textures, shader effects,....). Edit: Which Library shall I use? WinAPI (only Windows) or QT.

Maybe I can make maps, if someone shows me how to do so. ;)

MfG naums
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:11:34 am by naums »

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:28 pm »
I want you to take the old springlobby source code and tweak it, not make a new one from scratch. That means use whatever library that program uses, and make sure the library works on linux (and mac if you can for when spring engine goes mac).

if you want to make maps, there are multiple ways to do it, but I don't know all that much about them, so just look at the springrts wiki
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 10:49:53 pm »
Or you cool just be cool, like me  8-)

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:54 am »
Sorry for the double post but no one sees when i modify a topic.

Naums, if you really want to help make some maps that have that feel of the original. http://springrts.com/wiki/Map_development There you go. Something to do. And for the lobby that these people are talking about, http://springrts.com/wiki/Lobby_Development ,bam.

Offline naums

• Knight
  • Oettinger Games Dev
    • View Profile
    • Oettinger Games
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 05:54:57 pm »
Well, you know... I have other projects to take care of first, so no hurry. Trust me: these are more important. But as soon as I can I will read that and help you. Promise, well... if I can figure shit out with mercurial. if not.  :megamonocle:

Have great time developing a remake to a great game :) You will get a little advertisment text on my homepage if you want.

MfG naums

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 12:38:50 am »
I don't know who you think you are, or who you think you're dealing with. You come barging in here asking to help us with our project claiming to be a C++ programmer and other things which we find out to be exaggerations. It is also beyond rude to say that your work is more important than ours. If you are so averse to helping us and choose to blatantly belittle our project in front of us, than I think it would be best for you to leave.

The nerve of some people...
Trust me: these are more important.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:28:01 am by Dannian »

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 01:12:06 am »
He's got a point with the "trust me: these are more important"
Otherwise, it's not as big a deal as dannian is making it  :lolhammer: and I think a lot of dannian's rage is from misunderstanding.
Regardless, help is welcome where possible, but please don't word your sentences to imply that what we're doing is insignificant. Even if that's true, it's a bit of a slap to the face.  :-(
Advertisement sounds like a bad idea for a project so underdeveloped right now, but thanks anyway  :wink:
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 01:26:18 am »
Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. I was actually quoting disturbia. But yeah, it was kind of rude.

I deleted the Thandor part, that was really low  :holy: :ddance: :holy:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:35:00 am by Dannian »

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 08:21:09 am »
Didn't catch that quote there  :-P
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline naums

• Knight
  • Oettinger Games Dev
    • View Profile
    • Oettinger Games
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 09:48:00 am »
I think you misunderstand me. I didn't mean to be rude or something. First off: I sad basic C++-things. Basic is for me giving you some classes or something you need in order to build higher things. I have never said that I am a master with wxWidgets or something.

And now with this sentence: "trust me: these are more important" I didn't meant that your work is not important. I loved the old game and I will probably love your remake, but there are more important things to me. I have a project that does significantly push my a-level grades, if done right. You want to say that that ain't more important that helping with Machines 2?

I wanna help you for sure, but I think my time hasn't come with Machines 2. Trailers I make are with inGame-Footage. No Footage - no trailers. And it will be good enough when I commit some maps just before the end of developing Machines 2. Why wouldn't it?

MfG naums

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 05:09:42 pm »
Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. I was actually quoting disturbia. But yeah, it was kind of rude.

I deleted the Thandor part, that was really low  :holy: :ddance: :holy:

I wasn't really serious there  :choochoo: :jackson: :ddance: :grunt:

Offline Synthonym

• Elvis
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 04:08:39 am »
...To get back on track, naums, the only C++ we need is for making a lobby/menu, and making trailers is not important right now, but will need to be done at some point.

I see what you mean, but a video should be a high priority for two reasons.
A) A stylishly edited video, even of alpha footage, would be superb for drumming up some interest and support for the project. Might even get you a few donations to keep a website running or something.
B) It gives a target, to have x-amount of the game done, enough for a trailer video, which could spur the project on a bit. Having clear targets and deadlines helps focus creation and stops people languishing.

I write music!

Industrial:
www.soundcloud.com/synthonym

and Chiptune!:
www.soundcloud.com/Broken-bit

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 01:08:36 pm »
I've never really made myself too familiar with video editing, except for the very simples. If someone wants to help out with a trailer of gameplay, that would be great, but not yet. The units are not polished, and not all textured. It would be nice to make a teaser in blender or something with some video editing.

We actually do have a youtube channel, nobody seems to check out the development page. If you click on my signature, there should be several images with a heading above them that is "OpenMachines Media." Those images are all links. One to the sourceforge page, one to the youtube page, and one to a simple steam community group.

There is also a link to the blog on that page. It has some of the progress, but I don't update each time I add a machine now, because it's actually very simple to me. The scout was very frustrating, but that was at the beginning, and now unit scripts are very simple to write.