Machines > Support

Small error here...

(1/4) > >>

ScrewTheSystem:
So I have this guy on Facebook asking me if I can help him with this error. His system stops responding in the intro, it loads about 10% and stops. If he waits there's a white screen but he can still move his mouse. He's installed the necessary patches and downloaded the 'd3drm.dll' file...

Any help plsthx =D

Always have to help our fellow fans, do we ;)

:squidly:

mb:
Now this is guesswork. If he would download ProcMon http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645 then it might tell us whats going on.

After launching ProcMon set filter for machines.exe Filter -> Filter -> set "Display entries matching..." to "Process Name", "is not", "machines.exe", then "exclude". Take a look at screenshot:

Then he should start machines, after freeze he can use windows key switch to ProcMon* then File->Save with default settings. Saved log is quite large but after zip compression it's about 3mb. This log file is good start to troubleshooting, it can be loaded in another computer to trace loading process.

*if windows key won't work then i will attach here script for timer-released machines shutdown

ScrewTheSystem:
Owraight. Ossom, man!

Well, to be honest, I don't know if he has the IQ to know how to handle the program, let alone start it... I mean, you know, he's one of those
I IDIOT HELP PLZ WIT MACHINS BCAUS IT NOT WORK HURPY-DURPY-DERP

=P

He can use Alt-Tab as an alternative to the Windows-key, though.

Right, I'll tell him.

The Merciful:

--- Quote from: VictimOfTheSystem on October 16, 2011, 07:49:48 pm ---Owraight. Ossom, man!

Well, to be honest, I don't know if he has the IQ to know how to handle the program, let alone start it... I mean, you know, he's one of those
I IDIOT HELP PLZ WIT MACHINS BCAUS IT NOT WORK HURPY-DURPY-DERP

=P

He can use Alt-Tab as an alternative to the Windows-key, though.

Right, I'll tell him.

--- End quote ---

Do you know how to run that?  :wink:

ScrewTheSystem:

--- Quote from: Dannian on October 16, 2011, 08:31:03 pm ---Do you know how to run that?  :wink:

--- End quote ---

Dude...

DUDE...

:squidly: :squidly:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version