Author Topic: Guess Who's Back? [Back Again]  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Druyii

• OpenMachines Composer
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
    • CtrlAltRage.com Reviews and Gaming News
Guess Who's Back? [Back Again]
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:51:01 pm »
Hey there WFW!

I know it's been more than a while but it's about time I returned to my home from home. A big thanks to Master Vangeel for bringing me back from the verge  :mrgreen:

A little update on what's new with me for those interested in what kept Druyii away for so long, I had the final exams for school and then the transition into my first year in uni doing music. Started to do composition properly now as part of my course, and if all goes to plan, hope to end up composing for either games of films, but we'll have to see if I can produce first  :wink: Aside from composing and other general music stuff I have become an even greater game nut, becoming a techie more and more while enjoying some of the legends in the gaming world. This has led to a truly awesome position, as a writer for CtrlAltRage.com as a game reviewer, so once the Machines II project is developed enough I would be more than happy to announce it there for you guys :)

I know I kind of left after agreeing to do a few tasks in the photoshop department without comment, and for that I apologise, I hope that things have been going well with my absence and that I can find some use here, I have grown up enough to admit my photoshop skills aren't awesome, but they can do a lot of stuff and learning doesn't take long if I put my mind to it.

Here's to hopefully being welcomed back home, I've missed you guys and the epic project you have undertaken.

Druyii

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
  • Let us instigate the revolt, down with the system
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
Re: Guess Who's Back? [Back Again]
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 06:56:27 pm »
Roll out the red carpet! Sound the horns! Prepare the feast! Knight Druyii is back from his epic journey! =D

His 'master' would be me. Please do not twist the meaning of the word into... other... unrelated meanings of 'master' (Dannian, I'm talking to you!  :cop:)

:squidly:
Remember when being a Wrath Reaper was badass? Those were the days. . .

Offline Druyii

• OpenMachines Composer
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:05:06 pm »
 :lolhammer:

That is all

Glad to be back :)

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:11:03 pm »
Glad to see you come back. Development of OpenMachines shall be out of halt this week most likely. We generally didn't have time during the past due to school, college, (jobs?) etc. Anyway, I'm glad to be able to start again, and maybe you can help us out. It's nice to see when someone is a part of some sort of blog or game coverage site because the more knowledge of a project can lead to its benefit. I hope to see an early version of this game soon.

Welcome back.

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:29:54 pm »
About that situation where you said you'd do something and then didn't: I keep doing it too :oops: so don't worry about it.
Anyway, welcome back (again). I see that as a dragon slayer that you probably enjoyed Skyrim quite a bit :wink:
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline Druyii

• OpenMachines Composer
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 09:46:50 pm »
Cheers guys, I hope that we see some development soon that I can share with the world ;) And Mahmoud, Skyrim has definitely been in the list of games I've played lately. I have even started learning about modding for Skyrim too :D It's all been pretty awesome so far but I think Machines really needs to reenter the gaming community, people don't seem to remember it and that is a damned shame. I look forward to being able to announce news on it on ctrlaltrage :)

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:12:14 am »
Welcome back :)

At this point I think any publicity for Machines would be good publicity... well, unless it brings down the wrath of whoever/whatever owns the rights to the game :P
That said, knowing who actually owns the rights could be useful.

Off-topic: Just found this, didn't know Machines had a TVTropes page (it mentions us :D ):

"Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:08:54 am »
Welcome back :)

At this point I think any publicity for Machines would be good publicity... well, unless it brings down the wrath of whoever/whatever owns the rights to the game :P
That said, knowing who actually owns the rights could be useful.

Off-topic: Just found this, didn't know Machines had a TVTropes page (it mentions us :D ):

Yep. Saw that page a while ago =D And as far as I know, nobody owns the rights (anymore), seeing as the Acclaim (and Charybdis) went bankrupt...

Offline M123

• Ignoranth ith...um... blifth!
  • Nurse
  • Bee Bomber
  • Blargh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:07 am »
as far as I know, nobody owns the rights (anymore), seeing as the Acclaim (and Charybdis) went bankrupt...

It's possible that the rights were bought from Acclaim by Throwback Entertainment, then later bought from Throwback by We Go Interactive Co.,Ltd (none of those wiki pages mention Machines specifically, just that a bunch of Acclaim's IPs moved around).

"Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?"

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 11:31:56 am »
I don't think anyone would have bought the rights because the game wasn't very profitable. That's why I'd like to hurry to put all the units under GPL, so that nobody would take the rights afterward, so that I don't get sued.  :roll:

I (would like to?) think that machines isn't under any new form of copyright because it wouldn't be much of a good investment for the buyers. Maybe 100 Machines players will find the company's remake or re-release of the game familiar once they see it, which is all Throwback is looking for, and they're the main company I'm concerned about for now. If one owns the rights, may he speak now or forever hold his peace.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:35:38 am by Automatic »

Offline Druyii

• OpenMachines Composer
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:08:59 pm »
Glad that we are seen as hard core fans ;) Cheers for that link.

As far as ownership goes, I would be interested to see where that stands. Personally, I would love to buy the rights for WFW (provided it isn't too much) if they even exist any more :L Would solve a lot of headaches over that issue. Hope that we don't face any issues in that department though :)

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
integral of f(8)=D(dx) [6,9]
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:42 pm »
Who honestly noticed he was gone?? I'm not going to lie, somewhat of a disappointment.

:bunny:
:bunny: :bunny:

I wouldn't pet the bunnies if I...

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
I notice when anyone is gone from these forums. I was actually wondering what happened to druyii. Same with you, dannian. And apex, and jeballi, and judas, asdam, hoga, kekxo, deliverance, m123, and 3dfreak. Luckily, some returned again.
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:01 am »
Well, I guess since I don't go here every day, I don't realize when people stop posting. (excluding last month, I was bored and needed to let loose some bottled up nonsense :bunny:)

Automatic, Mahmoud, VictimOfTheDERP, naums (occasionally), m123 (more occasionally), and gameuser (even more occasionally). About 3 regular people and a couple of semi/rare-members.

We'll have more time later. Hopefully we finish our work.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:39:19 am by Dannian »
:bunny: :bunny:

I wouldn't pet the bunnies if I...

Offline ScrewTheSystem

• WFW Employee
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
    • Warez-bb.org
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 08:01:38 am »
I actually have Druyii on Facebook so I talk to him every now and then =P