Author Topic: Build Order Thread  (Read 617 times)

Offline SinJul/3rdSin

• (・ω・)
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
Build Order Thread
« on: June 26, 2012, 04:28:52 am »
Hey, this is a topic for multiplayer Build orders.

Please note starting ressources cause maps have different starting BMUs.

I mostly start with:
Civil Factory (Both workers)
Military Lab (Both) / Technician
Civ Lab (Both)

Then it depends if the starting ressources are around 2k or less. If only 1k, I leave it at one lab for mil and civ.

I only build a radar after having built Labs and factories. If the starting ressources are very low (like 500), I build the radar later into the game and save up the BMUs for research and transporters.
Map Creator and Game Balancer for Open Machines.

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Build Order Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:10 pm »
Sending both constructors to the same work is a waste of time. Build order depends on: map, starting machines, starting resources, starting tech level, quantity of players and of course your tactics.

For example, if you want to rush the enemy with reapers(low tech) go like this:
Civil Factory
Military Lab
Mine
Radar
2x Military Factory
and you're ready to smash your opponent :)

You have to decide on your own which one will fit your tactic the best.

Offline SinJul/3rdSin

• (・ω・)
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:31:50 pm »
Personally I like to tech to knights quickly. They are more cost efficient than reapers. I recommend bolter tech when going for Knights cause you can tech bolter knight after the warrior, so it's only 2 unit techs before being able to research the knight compared to 3 with disruptor/plasma tech.

Also I don't see why using both constructors is a waste of time. The most important thing is to get the technicians as fast as possible, so building the Civ Fac faster makes more sense to me. Lab will be finished before the first technician is completed, so you get your technician earlier and don't have to wait for the lab to finish as well.

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »
Constructors are slow and clumsy. Using both = the first one alone does up to even 50%. Then they have longer distance to the next building. Trust me, I'm an engineer ;D Bolter knights? Nah bro - better wait a minute more and get plasma boyyyyzzz :) Anyways, build orders don't have such big influence on the gameplay. What I've noticed while playing multiplayer, people have the most problems with BMU's - you guys have to take care of resources MOAR! It's an elementary thing.

Offline SinJul/3rdSin

• (・ω・)
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 02:41:31 pm »
Depends on starting ressources. 750 means you gotta go for BMUs immediately. Then I got for the better transporter as my first Civ research. Overall I expand a lot, Automatic does the same.

constructor AI is terrible, I know. But if you move them next to the building and then tell them to build they will not be confused that much. Even if it only starts building at the 50% mark you gain time.

Bolter knights rape reapers. Bolter tech saves some BMUs from the reaper research and one can just build 2 med military facs when the advanced builder is done.

Offline X-Lord

• Eradicator
  • Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »
By the time you attack your opponent with bolter knights, he got plasma ones, which rape your bolters(even in less quantity) :) 'Bolter tech-tree' is better later - wasps, gorillas(as damage takers) and of course judas warlords. That's my opinion, but I'd like to fight against someone who thinks differently. How about that? I'll be back home in a week or so - then we could try and check things out.

Offline SinJul/3rdSin

• (・ω・)
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 06:11:38 pm »
yeah sure, let's give it a try. I don't know the exact DMG of all the units. If you got a link/table for me that would be great.