Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 338 times)

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Grunt
  • WFW User
    • View Profile
Hello everyone!
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:14:48 pm »
Hey guys! I'm Rob and I'm turning 23 here on Nov 21st. Im currently enlisted in the US Marine Corps Infantry. Im a major nerd and love building robots, computers, writing programs, etc. Even as we speak I'm hacking a little $25 remote control truck to be controllable over the internet. I currently call Connecticut my home but next year when I'm no longer in the Marines, ill be buying a house in New Hampshire with my fiance to go back to college for Electronics Engineering. I'm also a huge animal lover and my family currently consists of 2 Irish Wolfhounds (We had 3 until a couple months ago :cry:), 1 whippet, and a cat. When we move to NH we will be getting several more Wolfhounds!

I've been searching for YEARS for a solution to playing Machines again! I even setup a VM with Windows 98 SE and installed it on there but ran into another issue that I cant remember what is was >.< I aaaalmost gave up. But then I found this forum! You guys are awesome from what I've been reading! Im currently running the MDS as we speak (which seems kind of silly seeing as I have the actual discs right here :-P) and I hope to playing again soon :)

Offline SinJul/3rdSin

• (・ω・)
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »
Hey, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll have fun here.  If you got any problems running the game, just drop a post and we'll try to figure it out.

If you wanna talk check out the IRC channel on quakenet: #WiredForWar
Map Creator and Game Balancer for Open Machines.

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Grunt
  • WFW User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:18:40 pm »
Thanks for the greeting! I actually got my legit copy working! All i needed was the d3drm.dll and to run it in compatibility mode and I was good to go! I love the idea of Machines 2. Im terrible with blender though so I dont have anything to offer it >.< lol The most I'd be able to do is game testing and possibly some programming. We shall see!

Offline SinJul/3rdSin

• (・ω・)
  • Knight Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:21:43 pm »
No problem. Just stay active on the forum, that's all you gotta do. :D
Map Creator and Game Balancer for Open Machines.