Author Topic: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Controller Entrance....  (Read 420 times)

Offline wildh0rse

• Playing since Fall, 1998!!!!
  • Wraith Reaper
    • View Profile
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Controller Entrance....
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:32:33 pm »
I was playing Final Assault.  This is one of the levels that the AI really owns, it is different from all the others except maybe the last level. 

The usual and recommended action is to take your 3 misssile knights and destroy the big missile launcher ("Area Secure - Civilain Reinforcements etc") and the nuke plus the 5 SAM's in this area.

The OTHER nuke, to the east, has to be taken out, you have a 75% chance of gettng wiped out by ONE NUKE here if you dont. 

Omce your three missile knights have finished up, if you take them west, you will see the BIG mek builiding another turret.  What I did was, destroy the mek; destroy the Wasp that the factory turned out; and destroy the unfinished turret.

For some reason though, the AI did NOT send a builder over to continue building the nuke, which almost always happens and always catches me out. Any thoughts or comments on this, or on this level in general? The walkthrough I read was very informative, but even if you follow it this level can be difficult.   
I can apeak endlessly of bunnies and squids, yet, I cannot put the letters " L  O  L  " together without a red tag?!