Author Topic: Summary of everything we have  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Judas

• Current Status: Reviving
  • Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
Summary of everything we have
« on: May 14, 2007, 12:50:26 pm »
I have a wiki filled with Machines 2 dev:

http://www.sloik.ezwebtogo.com/machines/wiki/index.php/Machines
(Last Update: 15 May 2007)

http://www.sloik.ezwebtogo.com/machines/wiki/index.php/Human

http://www.sloik.ezwebtogo.com/machines/wiki/index.php/Unknown

http://www.sloik.ezwebtogo.com/machines/wiki/index.php/General

Including:

General Storyline

Humans - Units
Human - Buildings
Human - Weapons
Unknown - Units
Unknown - Buildings
Unknown - Weapons
Unknown - Description
Machines - Units
Machines - Buildings
Machines - Weapons
Machines - Abilities

I just miss these:
Human - Abilities
Human - Description
Unknown - Abilities
Machines - Description

General Settings (Types of Planets etc)
Mission Suggestions
Concept art

and anything else we've come up with. If you could help me, thanks :D

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:43:53 am by Judas »

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
Re: Summary of everything we have
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:02 pm »
The human and machines units and stuff are not refined yet - they are pretty much just people's first post on them and the ideas are not solidified yet.

Once we do similar topics like I did with the Unknown recently in artwork and then the rules team helps decide the rules once we have all the theory and basic rules and ideas behind them (should not take long at this rate) we can work on abilities and balancing and the storyline can be fleshed out.

Also I can make my sketches more detailed and bigger and to scale and whatnot and submit them as official concept sketches - also we need that other guy to do some vehicles :P
Quote from: AgpKReaper
Fungi of moisture seized it.

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:54:18 am by Judas »

Offline Deliverance

• is back!
  • Goliath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 10:51:13 am »
Will do, straight after some more discussion in my equivalent post in the Artwork section of the Machines 2 Ideas topic. Good idea using a wiki, btw ;)
Quote from: AgpKReaper
Fungi of moisture seized it.

Offline Judas

• Gorilla
  • Relax!
    • View Profile
    • Fallout 3 Forum

Offline mrhiggens

• custom title?!
  • Wasp
  • MEXICANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:24 pm »
is machines 2 still getting worked on or is just dead? if its still going then it would be good if the wiki link was fixed as its not running anymore

Offline Machines FTW

• Reaper
  • Machines Player to this day!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 05:35:34 pm »
i had an idea for a building if this is where those ideas go V.V  but any way i was thinking of making a reverse time teleporter, i.e.  a reaper goes into the enemy base and dies but since that machine type has been there before, and machine of the same family i.e. any other reaper can teleport there with full functionality, and perhaps occasionaly the building could malfunction and destroy the machine or machines or it could make them invulnerable for a short period of time... this is just and idea and if it won't work out then i understand... but it would be an amasing idea for quick attacks and any kind of tactical insertion, and since this is such an advanced technology, this should be higher up if not the last research item on the tree, given that there is one... right? And since it is over powered, it shouldn't be in story line for the red team or whoever is "the good guys" but instead in the enemy team should have acces to it because almost all the missions in machines1 where all very one sided, but in skirmish it should be on whatever team unless like T.A. the units/buildins are all faction specific... i dunno but i think this would really spice machines up, and also, this building shouldn't be on any missions that NEED to have an APC to function correctly,like a mission where you have to fly in...but anyway, just a thought... can't wait for Machines 2!!   =)
Time to go shopping with a Judas Warlord

Offline The Merciful

• The Bunny King
  • Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 04:17:42 am »
That sounds very, very difficult to code. Especially for newbies (n00bs  :roll:) like us.
:bunny: :bunny:

I wouldn't pet the bunnies if I...

Offline Machines FTW

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 02:30:48 am »
thats why i said thats it doenst have to be in the game and it doesnt have to be exactly like this, it could just teleport them, and if that is to complicated still then it could be random and have a high cost i.e. Xbmus/machine
it could be like the cost of the machines^2x the number of machines = ???
i mean this is just an idea and doesnt have to happen but when i was playing machines yesterday, i wished the friggin' apcs would moce faster, yeas the eagle does go fast but it hold like 3 machines, and yeas the shark does hold alot buyt it moves like a slug. And im sure im not the only one who thinks like this.

Offline Mahmoud

• Openmachines dev
  • Eradicator
  • Sometimes change is needed, in any direction
    • View Profile
    • Just a game...
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 03:04:13 pm »
1.Dannian is not a programmer

2.I'm not quite sure what it is you want in this game. It sounds like you want a teleporter, but also something that resurrects the last type of machine to use it...

3.This idea sounds so random; did you think of it yourself, or did you find it in another game? Seeing an example is useful, and copying a game isn't necessarily a bad thing (league of legends, anyone?)

4.Lua is one of the easiest programming languages available. It's not that the programming is hard; it's that I have to learn spring engine's API, and that requires actual time. Like, minutes and hours and seconds and stuff, man!
IRC join #wiredforwar
Development

Offline Machines FTW

• Reaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 05:34:47 pm »
1. Ok not sure why i needed to know lol

2. a teleporter is pretty much it that allows any machine of the same type to teleport anywhere a machine of that same family has gone

3. Yea this was my idea.

4. Well ok then

and a closing statement, like i said, it was just an idea... not a demand, so if it won't work thats fine.
-THX

Offline Automatic

• Eradicator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:42 am »
I'm simply having trouble understanding what you're trying to say that this teleporter does. Aside from the fact that I'm having trouble reading without any capitalization or punctuation, I've been trying to read the concept for a while with no luck of getting anything out of it.

If english is your first language and/or you can speak/write it properly, please do so I can better understand what you're trying to say, as it will benefit both of us.

EDIT: Are you trying to say that if a reaper walks somewhere, then only another reaper can walk through a teleporter and only go to other reapers?

(That would be kind of simple to code if that's what you mean, actually. Basically transferring coordinates of a unit to another.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:41:12 am by Automatic »